t w e n t y t w o

-Harry-

"S-Sure," I stuttered, refraining myself from enveloping her in a hug. Instead, I widened the door for her and she entered, not addressing my bare chest and briefs.

My face gave away my sympathy, as I acknowledged her T-shirt and tight jeans she had on.

"A-Am I interrupting something?" She asked, her voice hoarse, as she eyed the plate of pizza and the laptop on my bed, showcasing yelling lads.

"No," I said, my soft voice betraying me.

"Har- Kendall?" Niall asked, as his face appeared on the laptop's screen.

"H-Hi," She squeaked, looking down, hiding her face with her hair.

"Lads, I'm going to call you back later," I say, before they nodded and I slowly lowered the laptop screen.

She sat on the edge of the bed and I was tempted to heave her onto my lap, to stroke her hair and tell her to forget about every stupid thing I've ever said to her. Instead, I sat on the other edge of the bed, not meeting her eyes.

"I-I'm sorry," She squeaked, interrupting the silence.

I raise my head to look at her, tears filling my eyes.

"Harry, I'm really sorry. I couldn't have been more insensitive and inconsiderate about your feelings," She says, sniffing, and I move an inch closer to her.

"I betrayed you and that was wrong. I had not reason to-" She says, gasping, and I move more closer.

"Kendall, would you stop talking?" I spoke to her, taking her hand from her lap and intertwining it, as I feel a panic attack coming on to her.

"It's just that I-" She starts to say, but her breathing gets the better of her.

"Kenny, breathe. Look at me," I instructed her, her familiar panic attacks coming back to her.

After a couple of minutes, her breathing gradually regulates and I sigh in relief, before kneeling down in front of her.

"Kenny, I know you feel bad about it. I really didn't mean-" I start to say, wiping her tears from her cheeks but she shakes her head.

"No, Harry. Don't tell me it's alright because it isn't. I lied to you, big time," She stubbornly said, making me sigh desperately.

"What's done is done, Ken," I exhaled, frowning at her stubbornness.

"I told her," She replied immediately, catching me by surprise.

What?!" I exclaimed, standing up.

"I don't care, it was wrong of me to hide it," Kendall quietly replies, and I give her a small smile.

"T-Thank you," I whisper to her, as I give her a hug, and she gladly returns it.

"I'm a shitload to handle," She laughed, sniffing, and I ruffle her hair.

"You're just... a lot to handle," I correct her, before we laugh.

"How did it go?" I curiously ask, biting my lower lip.

+ +

(Flashback to earlier)

-Kendall-

"It's okay that Kylie isn't here yet. I'll just put it out there and leave," I spoke to myself, pacing in front of my hotel bed.

"Going somewhere?" My mom's voice snapped me out of my thoughts, as she stood in the doorway and eyed my band T-shirt I had borrowed from Kylie, ripped tight jeans and my boots.