t h i r t y e i g h t

I didn't leave a note at the beginning of the previous chapter to give a 'warning' about the confusion up ahead. I'm sorry, but expect a roller coaster of emotions in these last few chapters.

Plus, the feedback I've been getting about this book is amazing! Thank you readers so so much x
-

-

-Kendall-

I opened my eyes as my alarm rang, my hand stretching to get it. I picked up my phone and turned the alarm off, before staring at the screen hesitantly, almost expecting a text or a call at least.

He knows you need space, I remembered, frowning  at the confusion which lingered in me.

I got up and walked towards the bathroom, already in a bad mood.

+ +

I posed for the camera, as the fan blew my hair, giving me a more dramatic look.

I smiled at the photographer's compliments, before noticing a figure walk into the room, with a fedora on. My smile slowly dropped as a person flashed across my mind.

Without thinking twice, I sprinted across the room, turning the guy around with his shoulder, thinking he was Harry.

I widened my eyes, realizing it wasn't Harry, but another person. I blushed, as he sent me a confused smile.

"Sorry I thought you were someone else," I coughed out, before awkwardly returning to the shooting area.

+ +

"Kendall, what is the matter with you? You've been acting weird all day," My mom confronted me, as we entered the family's house. I groaned inwardly, finding the camera crew around.

"What's going on?" My dad appeared, and my mom explained to him everything.

"Mom, everything is fine, I'm fine," I lied, as my mom explained the awkward run-in with the guy.

"Who're you missing Kenny? Is it Harry?" My dad slightly teased, and the mere mention of his name brought tears to my eyes.

I turned around and walked to my room, not addressing their calls.

I let out a frustrated cry, as I stepped into my confinement of my room and shut the door.

I buried my face in my pillow, letting out loud sobs.

"Kendall?" I heard Kylie's voice, making my breath hitch in my throat, as I picked up my head from my pillow, revealing Kylie, Khloe and a cameraman, holding a large camera.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, my voice muffled, as I hid my face with the pillow from the camera's angle.

"We were looking for some clothes in your closet," Kylie spoke, and I picked up my head to find her pointing at my walk-in closet.

"Is everything alright?" Khloe asked slowly, and my eyes widened.

"Yeah, everything's fine," I spoke, coughing to cover my quivering voice. I raised my head, shrugging at them.

"Kendall, you were crying so loudly," Khloe said, obviously not believing me.

"Is it the haters?" Kylie asked, as I felt her sit next to me, her hand on my back.

I slowly nodded, and they sighed loudly, buying the lie.

"Me and Kylie are going to a party tonight. You should come, it will get your mind off it," Khloe spoke and I nodded, hoping they'd get off my case.