t h i r t y f o u r

-Harry-

I stared at the ceiling, as I rested my head on my hands. I smelt Gemma's favorite scent in her bed sheets, making me realize how much I was going to miss this when I start touring.

I heard the creaking of a door outside, as I glanced at the door. Visible from the gap between the floor and the door was a shadow, approaching the door to Gemma's room.

I heard soft knocks on the door, making me get up and open the door. A small smile made its way to my lips, as Kendall stood in front of me.

"I can't sleep," Kendall spoke, in a quiet voice, as her disheveled hair and puffy eyes proved her words.

I let her in, before quietly shutting the door behind her. I made sure she was laid in bed, before I turned the light switch off, engulfing the room in total darkness.

"Why are you awake?" She asked me, after I had laid next to her and she instantly huddled closer to me.

"I was just thinking," I slowly replied, hoping she wouldn't ask any further.

"About?" I bit my lip at her question.

"About the tour, I'm going to miss you," I half-lied, as I heard her sigh.

"I'm going to miss you too," She admitted, before I heard her yawn.

I felt her grip slowly relax around my arms, as the sound of her light breathing filled my ears. I planted a kiss on her forehead and released a sigh, thinking about Gemma and Kendall's secret.

+ +

-Kendall-

I felt a tickle on my cheek, as I slowly opened my eyes. I found Harry's curls obnoxiously in my face, as he rested his head on my chest. I sighed, after uselessly attempting to move his head. 

I shut my eyes, trying to get more sleep, when the door of the room flew open, Gemma's gasp was heard.

Gemma repeated Harry's name, waking him up. He lifted his head off me, and I took the opportunity to roll over.

"What?" I heard Harry groan, making me hold a giggle.

"Mum's sisters are with her at the hospital, they want to see us," Gemma said, before I heard Harry yawn.

"Did you guys, you know, in my bed?" I heard Gemma say, making me purse my lips from laughing.

"What? No way, me and Kendall aren't about that. We have to be comfortable to do it anyways, and your bed is like a plank of wood," Harry's words made me struggle to hold a laugh, and I could tell Gemma was rolling her eyes from the way Harry was snickering.

I quickly shut my eyes, faking sleep, as he leaned closer to me, exhaling on my neck. I felt him plant a quick kiss on my cheek, before confirming to Gemma that I was asleep.

I opened my eyes, once I heard them shut the door and their heavy footsteps down the hallway.

You didn't want to be intruding in their family time, I reminded myself why I had faked sleep. 

+ +

-Harry-

 I cursed, remembering Gemma had the key to the house, but she had offered to walk my aunts to their houses. I tried the front door, surprised when I found it unlocked. 

"Kendall, you really shouldn't be leaving the door unlocked," I called out, after I had stepped in the warm house and shrugged off my coat, hanging it on the coat hanger.

"Sorry, Harry," She called out, and I followed her voice to the living room.

"When did you wake-" My words were cut short, when I found her sitting in front of a man, their gaze on me.

"Kendall, may I speak to you please? Alone?" I clenched my jaw, as I walked towards the kitchen, Kendall excusing herself and following me.

"Why'd you let him in?" I spoke, rubbing my temples in frustration, as I leaned on the marble counter.

"Harry, you're acting like I let a stranger in, he's your father," Kendall spoke defensively, crossing her arms over her chest.

"But you let him in!" I exclaimed, as she raised an eyebrow at me.

"What is it between you two?" She asked curiously, making me frown.

"Never mind. He's here because he wants to know which hospital Anne's at," Kendall spoke, her voice lower this time, making me glance at her.

"Don't you think it's suspicious? That he wants to visit his ex-wife?" I spoke, crossing my arms.

"So that's it. You're not over their divorce," Kendall realized, making me sigh.

"Harry, your dad misses you," She spoke softly, her fingers delicately tracing the frown on my face.

"He wants to make it up to you," Kendall continued, as I sighed in defeat.

Talk to him, Kendall mouthed to me, before she walked upstairs, and I walked towards the living room.

+ +

-Kendall-

I frowned, once I heard muffled yelling from downstairs. I placed my phone on the bed and opened the door, anxiously walking down the hallway. I frowned once I heard the front door slam shut, making me walk down the stairs hurriedly. 

I widened my eyes once I heard a loud shattering and loud curses. 

"H-Harry?" I spoke, frightened, as I found Harry standing in the midst of a broken glass mess, his eyes darting to me.

"You shouldn't have fucking let him in!" Harry yelled loudly, making my heart race, as I slowly lowered my head, my chest rising and falling from the deep breaths I was taking.

My heart thumped loudly in my chest, as he approached me slowly. I released the breath I was holding, as he simply passed me, our shoulders slightly touching.

I quivered in fright, as I heard a door slam shut upstairs, before I silently made my way to the kitchen, retrieving a broom and a dustpan.

-

-

-

I am so excited to share the next upcoming chapters! I literally wrote them and I've got 3 drafts !