t h i r t y t w o

* A week later *

-Kendall-

I sighed in exhaustion, once the photo shoot was wrapped up. I slipped on a robe offered by Ruby, concealing my revealing lingerie.

"You've got a call, from Harry," Ruby read from my phone screen, as we headed back into the changing room.

I held out my hand, and Ruby placed my phone in my hand, before she started flipping through the papers on her clipboard.

"Hey Har-" I stopped when I heard the heavy breathing on the other line.

"Harry? Are you okay?" I asked, as I held my own clothes in my hand, pausing to hear him speak.

"N-No I'm not, my mum's really sick, Kenny," His quivering voice caught me off guard, as I widened my eyes.

"Where are you now?" I asked, my heart racing, as I slipped on my tights and my gym jacket, relieved they had allowed my to keep the lingerie.

"I'm at the airport, all the flight are booked and the lads took the jet," He spoke, as I walked out the studio, followed by Ruby, as I told her to make arrangements.

"We'll go with mine," I said, making him sigh in relief.

"Wait, we? You don't have to come if you're busy," Harry started to say, but I shook my head.

"It's fine, I'll see you in a few," I replied, before we hung up an I got into Ruby's car.

+ +

I walked hurriedly towards the terminal not caring about my posture or the comments the paparazzi were yelling at me. I caught sight of a tall curly-haired head, as I dragged my suitcase behind me, his head turning towards my direction.

No words were exchanged between us, as I wrapped my arms around his torso in a hug, his arms wrapping around me gratefully. I felt his head bury itself in my shoulder, as I rubbed his back for comfort.

"She's going to be okay," I whispered repeatedly to him, before we pulled away, the staff member asking us to follow him towards the jet.

+ +

"Thank you, Kendall," Harry finally spoke, after the jet was steadily in the air.

"You don't have to thank me, Harry," I smiled at him, exhaustion suddenly overcoming me. I stood up and pulled out my suitcase, before setting it down and unzipping it.

I pulled out my stuffed koala and zipped my suitcase, before returning it to the compartment on the top.

"Goodnight," I told Harry, mirroring his small smile, as I reclined the chair, snuggling into it.

+ +

I woke up to find myself in a soft bed, the windows around indicating that I was still in the jet. I felt for the stuffed koala, and got hold of it. I rubbed my eyes tiredly, heading out to find Harry still sitting on his chair, gazing out the window.

"Hey," My voice clearly surprised him, as he looked at me, his eyes darting from me to the koala.

"What's on your mind?" I asked, catching him staring out the window again.

"The view," Came his reply.

I chuckled at his lie, as I looked through his window to find the fogginess of the clouds occupying the window, hence nothing else was visible.

"Have you called home?" I asked, as I sat next to him, feeling a headache come on.

"Yeah, my dad and Gemma are with her," He spoke, before turning to look at me.

"Did you call the guys?" I held back a yawn, as I crossed my legs.

"I didn't want to worry them," He admitted, looking away, before back at me.

"You seem tired. What were you doing before I called?" He swiftly changed the subject and I caught on.

"Well, I was doing a shoot of Calvin Klein," I briefed, momentarily shutting my eyes, before opening them again, after he had confirmed to be the one who had moved me to the bed.

"Shall we eat?" I asked Harry, a small smile visible on his face.

+ +

I groaned internally at the time difference, Harry telling me London was 8 hours ahead of Los Angeles.

Me and Harry simultaneously slipped on our sunglasses, as a crowd of fans and paparazzi flashed their cameras at us. 

Harry held my hand protectively, as I cuddled my koala, and we headed out into the darkening sky of London.

We got into a car Harry had arranged prior to our flight. I felt his fingers rub across my knuckles, soothing my grogginess and grumpiness of the long flight.

The car ride was silent, as I looked out the window, eager to catch a glimpse of London's streets at night. I gasped lightly, seeing a large Ferris wheel pass by. 

"That's the London Eye. I reckon you've never been on it?" Harry said, and I nodded. I continued to gaze out the window, before Harry sighed, making me turn to look at him.

I watched a smile grow on his face, as I read the names of the streets around. 

"You're home," I realized, and he nodded.

+ +

I watched as Harry pulled his elder sister in tender hug, causing her to cry.

"I've missed you, Harry," I heard her sob, as his grip around her tightened.

They pulled away and her gaze moved towards me, making me nervous.

"Gem, this is Kendall. Kenny, this is my sister, Gemma," Harry introduced us, after clearing his throat.

"We've never met before, but Harry told me lots about you," I broke the awkward silence, as she enveloped me in a quick hug, before ushering us inside.

"Yeah? I hope it was all good," Gemma flashed Harry a smile as he chuckled, before her smile faded upon looking at me.

What did I do? Do I look bad? I mean, for a 10 hour flight, I think I look okay, I thought to myself, as I pretended to be interested in some ornaments by a shelf, while Harry and Gemma whispered to each other.

"Kendall," I heard Harry call me, making me turn to look at him, a polite smile on my face.

"I'm going to see my mum. Gemma's going to stay with you here," Harry spoke, interrupting my protests to as how tired he looked.

"Take care," I told him, as he planted a kiss on my lips, before leaving me and Gemma in an awkward silence.

"Right, let's get you to bed," Gemma spoke bluntly, and I noticed her shift in demeanor once her younger brother had left.

I struggled to follow her up the stairs, as I lifted my suitcase on each step.

"Harry said you could have his room," She explained, as she opened a door and flicked a switch open.

I smiled at the thought of middle-school Harry coming home to this room, as I studied posters of some movies and bands on the wall and some old pictures on his dresser of his family.

"Good night," Gemma spoke, before shutting the door behind her, making me sigh.

-

-

-

Okay, Gemma looks mean in here but you'll know why soon!  

Yay me for writing and uploading this at 2 in the damn morning! :) 

Hope you have/had a lovely day/night x