o n e

- Kendall -

I walked out of Starbucks, with a hot coffee in my hand and my car keys in the other.

I started to unlock my car, until I heard distant yells and running.

My hands started to shake as I struggled to unlock the driver's door.

Click!

I flung it open and jumped inside, right before a camera was shoved onto the glass, and flashes filled the car.

"God damn those paparazzi," I cursed, as I tried to get out of the parking space, but the paparazzi swarmed the car, trying to get a clear shot.

I honked the horn at them a couple of times, making them take the hint.

"Kendall, is it true you've been rejected by 10 magazines because you're immature?" A question caught my attention, which made my blood boil.

Before I knew it, I had rolled down my window to face them.

"For your information, I wasn't rejected, I quit, because I don't think I was ready to take on their huge projects," I spoke, before rolling my window up again and driving off.

I reached my modeling studio, draining my coffee cup on the way and parked my car in the large parking lot.

"Morning, Miss Jenner," The woman sitting on the front desk nodded at me.

I smiled back and my assistant, Ruby, came into view.

"Kenny, your late!" She exclaimed dramatically, as she took my bag and led me to the dressing room to get ready.

"Morning to you too, Rubes," I laughed, as I entered the dressing room.

The dressing room was as usual very colorful; clothes were hung from racks all around.

"We've got to get you ready as quickly as possible because Emma Summerton herself is coming to the shoot," Ruby rambled on, my ears instantly going numb at the mention of the famous photographer's name.

"This is huge," Me and Ruby said at the same time, earning laughs from my hair and clothing stylist.

My hair was straightened and wash-out dyed a shade darker. My makeup was pretty pale, bringing out my dark red lipstick.

"Wow," I gasped, when my clothing stylist handed me my outfit.

It was all cheetah-printed, from the hat and leggings to the large coat, gloves and ankle boots.

I was gently pushed into the small stall, my dressing room, and I quickly slipped on the clothes.

I walked out, admired by the stylists and headed out to find a blue-grey background set up with spotlights and light screens facing a blue-grey chair in front of the colored wall.

I was followed by Ruby, who was making last-minute adjustments to the hat on my head and coat.

I noticed my assistant manageress and another woman smile at me, before resuming their conversation.

Shortly, my assistant manageress beckoned me to come over and I obliged.

"Emma, this is Kendall. Kendall, I'm sure you recognize Ms. Emma Summerton, she's Teen Vogue's photographer," My assistant manageress introduced us, as she shook my hand warmly.

"Lovely young lady, I'm sure it'll be fun," I smiled and thanked her for her compliment.

"Get seated please," Emma said to me, as she hung her large camera strap around her neck and started rotating the lens to focus.

"Now, give me a smolder," She said and I obliged.

"Imagine you were the queen, give me a sense of authority," Emma continued, as the flashes increased and I grew comfortable.

"Yes! Yes, that's it!" She exclaimed, moving her agile body quickly, to get shots from different corners. I heard Ruby distantly clap and cheer me on.

I grew confident and swung my legs across the arm of the chair and set my hand on one knee.

"Perfect!" Emma pampered me with compliments, before sending me off to change.

"Emma works with one outfit per day, she likes to take her time," Ruby explained, as she handed me my morning clothes.

I nodded, feeling exhausted already, as Rub began listing off the shoots I had in multiple studios.

"Come on, we'll grab coffee on the way," I smiled at Ruby, as we slipped our sunglasses on and exited the building.