t h i r t y f i v e

-Kendall-

I pulled the stuffed koala to my chest in a hug, as I sat on Harry's old bed, the events of earlier still replaying in my head.

A knock on the door snapped me out of my trance, as my heart beat faster, thinking it was Harry.

"Hey, dinner's ready," Gemma spoke neutrally, before leaving. I got up and followed her downstairs, to the dining table.

I silently poked the food with the fork, before occasionally putting it in my mouth. I glanced down at my plate, as I felt Gemma's gaze on me. I forced the food down my throat, not that it was terrible, I just didn't want to eat. 

I politely thanked Gemma and washed my plate, before heading upstairs, huddling my stuffed koala to my chest and staring at the ground again.

+ +

The following day, I stayed in bed most of the time, not even texting or calling anyone. I decided to take Gemma's offer of breakfast, because I hadn't left the room for quite a while.

"Could you take the breakfast tray to Harry?" Gemma spoke, as she did the dishes. 

She thinks we had a small fight, I reminded myself, before I gave her a small nod and picked up the stray.

I carefully ascended the stairs, before stopping at her room, where Harry has been staying for 24 hours now.

I softly knocked, before deciding on twisting the doorknob, upon hearing no reply. I took a deep breath and gently pushed the door, walking in.

I caught sight of shirtless Harry, sitting up straight, with his elbows resting on his knees and his head buried in his face. I set down the tray, as Harry looks up at me.

My breath hitched in my throat when I saw his face. He looked tired and sad, as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Kendall," His hoarse voice stopped me, as I lowered my fingers from the doorknob.

"Have you eaten?" He asked, and I nodded, my gaze focused on my feet.

"Come here," His soft voice made me walk over to his outstretched arms, and he laced his arms around me in a hug. I hugged him back, tightly intertwining my fingers at his back.

"I'm so sorry you had to see that," Harry spoke in my ear, as I released a shaky breath.

"I'm sorry, I should have known," I whispered back to him, before we pulled away. 

"Did you..Did you think I was going to hurt you?" Harry softly asked, after a moment of silence.

I looked away, unable to answer his question. I heard him inhale a sharp breath, as I sat next to him on the bed.

"Look at me Kendall. I would never, ever hurt you, ever," Harry spoke, cupping my cheeks. 

I nodded, seeing fatigue in his eyes. He planted a kiss on my lips, and I responded immediately, planting my fingers in his hair. He moaned through the kiss, as he laid down and I climbed on top of him.

"Harry? Have you eaten your breakfast yet?" Gemma's voice sounded, as she knocked on the door.

I widened my eyes, before getting up, just as she barged into the room.

"What?" Harry groaned, as he got up, his disheveled hair making Gemma raise her eyebrows.

"I was just wondering if you had finished eating," Gemma explained innocently, a small smile on her face. I turned to look away, a small blush my cheeks, as Harry smiled in response. I smiled once I felt his fingers intertwine with mine and hold them tightly.