s i x

-Kendall-

"Selena Gomez asked for my number," I spoke in awe, as we walked out the hotel, Kylie and Ruby giggling next to me.

"Only because my phone was dead and I remember changing my number," Kylie muttered, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. And she said she'd text you where to meet up," Ruby spoke and almost instantly, my phone beeped, indicating a text message.

"Oh my Gosh! It is her!" Kylie fangirled, the chatter around her loud enough to drown her voice.

"Yeah, it is," I said, as I showed them her text, which read:

Hey Kendall :) It's Sel, meet up at the bridge in 5 min? x 

"How sweet, she left girly-kisses," Kylie smiled.

"Getting to the bridge will take us 5 minutes, let's go," Ruby glanced at her watch and since she's already come here before, she started leading us out of the crowd, and across the field.

I saw Kylie whisper something to Ruby, before pointing to a tall guy a couple of footsteps ahead, accompanied by a shorter purple-haired girl.

I blinked widely, pursing my lips at the curly-haired guy. I recognized him.

I watched him as he ran his hand through his curly hair, something he'd do often when he's uncomfortable or pissed off.

As he turned around, my senses washed over me, making me turn away as well. I didn't want him to see me, to bring back the past.

"Where are you going? Do you know him?!" I hissed at Ruby and Kylie, as they started approaching him.

"Well, we owe him an apology, because we accidentally assaulted him," Kylie admitted, looking away with Ruby.

They quickly explained the situation and I nodded grimly.

"Aren't you coming?" Kylie asked, and I shook my head vigorously.

Kylie and Ruby didn't know of my past with him and I intended to keep it that way.

I ignored Ruby's weird glances at me and lowered my head, pretending to text on my phone.

"Shit, shit, shit," I cursed aloud, when I unlocked my phone.

I had 10 missed calls from mum and dad, 11 from Kim and 2 from Khloe.

"Hello?" I said meekly, as Kim called for the 12th time that day.

"Kendall Nicole Jenner, where the hell are you?!" Kim's voice exploded in my ear, causing me to wince.

"You aren't in Coachella, are you? Oh my God, you are! Ken-" Kim started to yell and scream, but I cut her off.

"I told you it was huge and we really wanted to go! We aren't alone, Rubes and a couple of my friends are here too, please understand, Kimmy," I pleaded my case, clinging the phone.

"Kendall, you know how unsafe it is there, I can't believe you both just ran away!" Kim exclaimed, a disapproving tone in her voice.

"Kim, we're sorry, it was my idea to run away, Kylie was completely against it and Ruby doesn't even know we ran away," I exclaimed, before the line beeped and went dead, an automatic voice mentioning a bad signal.

"Kenny, over here!" I heard Kylie's voice making me widen my eyes.

"Come say hi! They're British!" Ruby added and I heard them chuckle, a deep throaty one standing out.

I quickly put my sunglasses on, even through the sun had already set and Kylie's large fedora on, so he wouldn't recognize me.

"Hello, my name's Gemma and this is my younger brother, Harry," The purple-haired girl gave me a quick hug, before gesturing to her brother, who I noticed was suspiciously peering at me.