f o u r

-Kendall-

"To where?" I recognized Kim's voice, as I turned around to face her.

"Coachella," I repeated, earning a frown from her.

"I don't know, honey," My mum trailed off.

"Why not, mom? It's amazing and there's great music!" I pleaded, with a desperate look on my face.

"Kenny, things happen in Coachella, there are drunks everywhere," Kim whispered to me, making my hopes shatter.

"I don't think it's safe, it's filled with hormonal teenagers and-" My dad started at say and I cut him of by scrunching my face in disgust about his thoughts.

"Of course not dad! I'll be with Ruby and Kylie and a couple of more friends, you've already seen them and approved," I said, as the three of them shook their heads disapprovingly.

"Why don't you come with me then?" I turned to Kim, in hope of a positive answer.

"You know I've got a baby now and a fashion line to work on," She said, smiling sympathetically at me.

"Sorry Kendall, but it's a no-go," My dad said firmly, as my mum put her hand on my shoulder for comfort.

I sadly walked out of the kitchen, into the happy and dancy atmosphere, to be greeted by a pair of arms lifting me off the ground.

"Why the sad face, lil' sis?" Rob asked, spinning me around setting me down, laughing loudly, making me giggle a bit.

"Mum and dad and Kim," I shrugged and he nodded understandingly.

"Don't let the get to you, shit happens," He replied, ruffling my hair before walking up to an old friend of his.

+ +

I sleepily headed to bed, cleaned up and changed into my pajamas, when Kylie entered my rooms and shut the door behind her.

"What did they say?" She asked excitedly, making me feel more crushed.

"No-go," I repeated Dad's words, as I pursed my lips as Kylie's dropping smile.

"What? Please tell me your kidding," She pleaded, but I shook my head, sighing out loudly.

"Dammit! I was really looking forward to it," Kylie wailed, as I rubbed her back comfortingly.

"Why'd they say no?" She inquired, settling comfortably on my bed next to me.

"Kim says it's not safe, dad says they're drunk teens there, mum agreed," I summed it up, Kylie scrunching her nose up in disgust.

"Ew, hell no. Why don't they trust us?" She said, making me sigh sadly.

"How many days until Coachella?" I asked, a flame of hope flickering inside me.

"Five days, why?" Kylie asked, sitting up straight.

Then we've got five days to prove them wrong," I spoke determined, followed by Kylie's nodding.

-Morning-

"Morning sweet dad," I waltzed into the kitchen, planting a large, extra-noisy kiss onto my dad's cheek, as he sipped his coffee and set his newspaper down.

"Just a thought, Kenny, you aren't being extra nice so that I'd allow you to go, are you? Just a thought," He said, eyeing me through his reading glasses.

"What? No! Of course not! I completely forgot about it, what was its name?" I acted dumbfounded, as I started the coffee machine and pulled out a mug from the cabinet.