t h i r t y

-Kendall-

I intertwined my fingers nervously, as Scott calmly texted on his phone, as we waited for Harry's arrival.

"Kourt is asking if you're okay," Scott looked up from his phone, waiting for the answer.

"I'm not okay, how does she expect me to be okay? Everything's fucked up because everyone else butted in," I growled, before turning my gaze away from him, trying to calm myself down.

"Woah," I ignored Scott's remark, as I pretended to take interest in my phone.

"Here comes Brit boy," Scott spoke under his breath, making my gaze turn towards the figure approaching us.

"Hey," Harry's wide smile made me forget about my anger, as I stood up to greet him.

I gave him a hug, momentarily forgetting where we were, as he wrapped his arms around me, protectively.

My eyes snapped open, once I heard Scott clear his throat, making me pull away.

I met Harry's gaze for a second, his eyes full of confusion, before he flashed Scott a smile.

"Harry, this is Scott. He's Kourtney's husband. Scott, this is Harry," I introduced them, before they shook hands and we finally got seated.

"Kenny has told me so much about you," Scott started, as a flipped my menu open, avoiding everyone's gaze, as I rolled my eyes.

"Really?" Harry seemed a little surprised, and I looked up to find his eyes on me, a humorous smile on his face. My cheeks reddened when I realized he had caught me rolling me eyes.

"Yeah. She even insisted I come to this lunch to meet you," Scott continued to lie, as I raised my eyebrow, trying to hide my smile.

"I'm sure," Harry nodded, and I could tell he was about to laugh.

+ +

I burst out laughing, just as Scott excused himself to the bathroom and was completely out of sight.

Harry looked at me, a smile on his face, as I held my sides, trying to stop myself from laughing.

"Care to explain?" Harry asked, as I took a deep breath, finally calming myself down.

"My family arranged this whole thing," I explained, as I sipped from my water.

"That explains why you weren't the one that called," Harry realized, as I nodded.

"I just don't want them butting in my life like that. I know you and I trust you enough to be with you, regardless of Irene or my parents," I spoke, watching the smile on his face grow.

I watched in confusion, as Harry got up from his seat, walked across the table and sat in Scott's seat. He turned around to face me, cupped my cheeks and placed a tender kiss onto my lips, making me blush.

+ +

"So, Harry, any siblings?" Scott continued to causally interrogate Harry, as we moved on to dessert.

"One elder sister," Harry smiled, as I remembered the times I had spent with her.

"That's nice," Scott commented, as I dramatically stabbed my cheesecake with a fork, sighing in relief once Scott excused himself to answer a phone call.

"Who do you think did it?" I asked, continuing our previous conversation. 

"You mean who could've possibly told the entire world that we used to date back in high school? I haven't the slightest clue," Harry ran his hand through his hair.