Chapter 44

Alicia's POV

"Excuse me, Ma'am? Where is the girls' suite? " I requested the counter recipient.

The train reached Manchester at 7:44pm. After that, the bus took complete one hour to drive us at the competition set. It's a huge set having a big "INTERNATIONAL SINGING SUPERSTAR" hoarding. It seems more like a reality show as it's going to be televised all over the globe. The only difference is the crowd! There are not much participants as the normal competition would have.

During the whole journey after Luton incident, neither had I uttered a single word nor looked at Zayn even once. I didn't want to be a problem for him. I can't see him in exasperation so I kept my mouth shut.

Although it's killing me not to look at him when he is in front of me, near me.

What a great irony! We are close but yet too far.

And I'm trying hard to stay away from him. I just want to get into my room and never get out until the competition begins.

"I'm sorry Miss....." The lady trailed off, indirectly asking for my name.

"Alicia Redwood." I smiled.

"Ah! Miss Redwood. There is no girls' suite. The rooms are divided according to the different colleges and universities. From which university you are Miss Redwood?" The lady smiled warmly engendering me to do the same.

I love when people behave politely and welcome warmly. It soothes the heart in a unique way.

"St. Louis."

I was about to speak when a husky voice interrupted me. I looked down when I saw a big hand on the counter right next to me. The smell of his body made my heart skip a beat and I stepped away. Even without looking at him, I know that he is looking at me. I could feel my skin burning from the side because of his intense stare. Only one person has this effect on me.

Zayn.

I don't know what he does to me but my heart starts thumping so loud whenever he is near me or whenever he speaks something, anything.

"We both are from St. Louis University." Zayn told the recipient.

"Your name Sir?" She asked.

"Zayn Malik." Zayn said causing the chills to run down my spine.

His name is so unique...just like him.

"Okay. Umm...." She trailed off.

I looked up at her trying to avoid Zayn as much as possible. She looked into some files before saying.

"You both have got the same room on the second floor. Room number--"

"What?"

I and Zayn both spoke up at the same time. Shock was evident in both of our voices. I looked at the lady with wide eyes while both of my hands gripped the counter.

"Two zero...eight?" She pulled her body a bit back while raising her eyebrows before saying in jitters.

Oh my god! No! Me and Zayn! Same room! More fight! No no no no!

I panicked.

"Ma'am, please check once more. It can't be happening. You might have seen it wrong!" I said freaking out.

"I checked it carefully Miss Redwood. You guys have got the same room. Room number 208." She smiled.

"Can't we change our room by paying or something?" Zayn asked in an indifferent tone.

"I'm sorry. No, you can't." She shook her head.

"The accommodation is arranged according to some rules and regulations. And you guys have to follow them. Your wrist please?" She said smiling before picking up the stamper asking me to forward my arm.