Chapter 14

Song- 'Untouchable' by Taylor Swift

I recommend every single one of you to play this song while reading the song part of the chapter. Because you will need it, for sure, to picture the thoughts which are completely related to the music and lyrics.

Alicia's POV

I'm standing in front of the mirror from about 15 minutes and all I'm doing is brushing my hair inattentively while having a preoccupied frown on my face. My eyes are staring at my own image in the mirror without even blinking once whereas my mind is caught up in something else.

How dare you to fucking touch her.....

The words, his every single word is ringing through my ears since the misfortune.

Was it really a misfortune or it was the game of nature to change everything in my life. To change my perceptions about him? To heighten my already exaggerated feelings for him?

Soon my thoughts were broken by a soft hand which touched my shoulder.

"Al? Are you okay sweets? You look...lost." Kim turned me to face her as I saw her concerned eyes watching me.

"I'm okay. I was just....thinking." I said putting the comb on the side table.

"Al." She cupped my face.

"I just want to tell you that I'm here. Always. If you ever feel like....spilling out your emotions or thoughts to someone then you can trust me?" She smiled.

"I know. Thank you so much. I trust you Kim. With my whole heart." I hugged her tight as my heart melted at her words.

"Good. Now please give me a little smile so that I can go to college without any worry." She pulled out and crossed her arms over her chest rising up her eyes a bit.

Even if I didn't want, my lips automatically twitched into a smile and she grinned.

"Perfect. See you there Al. Bye." She waved while making her way out of the room.

I shake my head and open the closet to pick up some of my college stuff. While wandering my eyes into the closet my eyes set down on the golden thing.

The star.

I picked it in my hand as my vision blurs.

You do not need to worry Partner. I will not let anything happen to you. I'm here. I will always be here. By your side. I promise.

He came. He made it there on right time Alicia. He saved you!

His promise was genuine. I know it was. I had seen it in his eyes. How can someone like him even exist in this cruel world? He is caring. He is smart. He is polite and sometimes intimidating also.

I look at the star.

"I'll always keep this with me. It's a token of care that he has always shown towards me. Even it's not anything to him but it does mean everything to me." I made a promise to myself.

I sighed and placed the beautiful metal in its previous place safely.

I need to stop thinking about him. I had done nothing since morning except missing Zayn, missing his soft hands cupping my cheeks, his hazel eyes piercing mine, his voice telling me not to worry and everything about him.

See, you are again doing the same! My thinking self smirked at me.

Oh! Hi. It's been awhile that you didn't piss me off.

I smiled sarcastically at her. Technically...at myself.

I face palm myself and picked up my stuff to go to college.