Chapter 85

View of Zayn's apartment from front is in the picture.

Song- Grenade (Bruno Mars)

Alicia's POV

I rake my hands through my hair while sitting on the bed. The chain was missing today but what does it have to do with it. How a chain can be a source?

He's intelligent. There may be something in the chain. Technology knows no bounds.

To find out what it can be, if the chain has to do something with the spying, I need to get it. I close my eyes and sigh. I need to find the chain.

For that, I have to visit the apartment. The home with so many memories...

I gulp down the lump before it could form in my throat and open my eyes.

Tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the final day, for CR elections as well as my time in here.

I have tomorrow in my hands.

I grip the bed sheets as my mind runs wild. Hell, I'm not getting any sleep tonight even if I try.

I can't involve Rick, I can't tell him anything because I cannot trust him enough.

I have to do this alone.

~

It's eight in the morning and I'm sure Zayn is out for college, for gym. After that he'll be busy with preparations and performances.

Means, he's not coming back home anytime soon.

What about Uncle George?

I get ready, determination in my eyes as I braid my hair to keep them intact.

I'll take care of Uncle George at the moment. I note to myself before going out of the room.

A pernicious panic is emerging out slowly in me and I'm fully aware of it. Today he's going to take me to the place I don't know about. What he is going to do with me...I don't know. I just know that I have today to decide, to do.

"Hey, Alicia." Rick walks towards me and smiles sympathetically.

"Rickard, I have today only. Can I ask for something?" I look him in the eyes with a hope.

"Yeah, sure." He softly replies while nodding.

"I want you to let me on my own and not follow me at all. I want to go to college on my own. I need time for myself. I need some space." I explain to him emphasizing on each word. He furrows his eyes and before he could speak I answer his unspoken question.

"Of course I'm not running away. I'm not going to do anything stupid, my family is still held hostage. I can't run even if I want to. So you can trust me. I just need some time for my own." I try to convince him and guess what I succeed.

"Okay, but I would still say. Do not fuck up. The result won't be something you would be able to handle." He warns me looking in my eyes carefully.

"You have my word." I form a small subdued smile before making my way out.

I breathe fresh air in, feeling unrestrained for a moment. I book a cab to Zayn's...our apartment.

Should I meet Uncle George?

No, you will be loaded with so many questions and you don't have any answers with you. My thinking self replied.

I sigh getting out of the cab. Back in my mind I observe something strange. I'm not quite sure but I feel like I'm followed. I ignore it and move forward.