Chapter 20

I didn't find a picture of a record room as I pictured it. It's a huge room containing a table and chair in one corner, a sofa set and glass table on the other corner while the rest room includes racks of enormous files piled up in a certain manner.

_____________________

Recap

9:54am

The bomb exploded with a sharp dim sound and soon the whole record room catches fire igniting the area with tremendous heat.

10:04am

The fire created ruckus in the whole college. Students and the staff members are running here and there while some are grossing out seeing the record room burning furiously. A chaos has been created within ten minutes causing some of the students to run out. The screams, horrible noises are echoing through the whole college signifying the dreadfulness of the accident. But the point is no one is trying to do anything to dampen the fire, to control the situation which is turning into worse as the time passes.

Dean of the college is out of the station in order to attend the conference regarding the upcoming event. The staff is perplexed like hell not in the state to think rationally. Unfortunately, Zayn's friends Liam, Niall, Ellie and Lauran are out shopping the necessities for the function. Alicia, Kim and Harry are still here but unaware of the misfortune.

Zayn, the poor soul who got victimized nonsensically is still inside the burning room struggling for his life. The moment he sensed that the room was going to blow up, he ran trying to save his life but it's late. The switch board burst with the dim sound causing the fire which in turn got caught by the whole room ruthlessly. With the sudden explosion the big iron rack of files which was near the switch board got shaken up and end up dropping over Zayn with great force. A pained shriek left his mouth when a sharp bulged out iron pin of the rack pierced his soft skin on his back below his left shoulder. He wriggled in pain and tried to push the rack off of himself but failed miserably. The heat is overspreading intensely around him causing the temperature to rise incredulously. He tried and tried to move but the pin which was still inside his back was preventing him to make a motion. Feeling helpless and losing all hopes he stopped trying. His left cheek touched the ground when the words left his mouth with a cracking voice.

"Mom...."

A tear of pain and longing rolled down his cheek making its way over his nose and to the ground.

~~Security Room~~

"What are these noises John?" Alicia asked John as she heard the screams from outside.

"I don't know. May be the students are creating indiscipline." He shrugged.

"No. It doesn't sound like that. We should go out and see." She placed the circuit board on table while turning towards the door.

"Alicia we're already lacking behind. We should concentrate on our work." He stated slightly being frustrated.

"Please give me one minute." She walked out ignoring what John said.

"The record room is burning! Fire! Fire! Run out!"

The jumbled sentences made Alicia suddenly anxious. Stopping one of the running guys, she asked. "What happened? Why are you all running?"

"Fire!" The guy huffed.

"Short circuiting happened in the record room. The record room is burning into ashes." He exhaled rapidly and ran off.

"Fire in the record room..." Alicia murmured the words before her heart fell on the ground.

"Zayn is in the record room!" The moment reality hit her, her whole body starts trembling like hell.