Chapter 24

Alicia's POV

I reached college at almost 4:30pm. There was an ambience of gloominess inside the college. Some of the security guards were directing the workers to load the ash bags into trucks and some are moving here and there to check whether anything left to be done or not. I knocked at Dean's office nervously. I need to talk to him calmly. I know anyone could freak out in this type of situation and Dean is a hard personality. God knows what he would be thinking right now.

"Come in." He said in a very sad voice.

I entered the office and saw Dean sitting on his chair with his head buried in his hands.

"Good evening Sir." I carefully said before he looked at me.

"Miss Redwood? What are you doing here?" He asked being confused.

"Um Sir, I know you are upset about what is going on in college but...we can handle this situation." I started with whatever came into my mind.

"I don't think it's possible." He shook his head. "Committee members are asking for the written proofs and records to proceed with the agreement. And if I back out now, they are demanding a huge amount of payback. I think we should cancel the event so that I can manage to give them the money." He said being determined.

"No Sir. You don't have to payback anything or there is no need to cancel the event." I rushed my words as he looked at me confused.

"I'm here to tell you this only Sir. Our college's CR is already working hard to remake all the records and definitely everything would be ready by the day after tomorrow. We can still represent our college at international level Sir." I said with the hope to change his mind.

"But Zayn is injured and I'm sorry for that, how could he be able to complete a huge load of work? We need to choose someone else as a CR so that at least I can represent him/her in the Wednesday meeting." He stated.

"No! I mean...there is no need to choose someone else Sir. Our current CR is still capable of completing the work. Moreover, Zayn is a very passionate person about his work. So he won't ever let his college go down. He is already on it and you will get the files on your table by Thursday Sir. All you need to do is convince the committee members to extend the meeting date by one day." I reasoned while he was carefully listening to my every word encouraging me to continue.

"Sir, you can convince them for the meeting on Thursday instead of Wednesday. It's not a big deal for a well disciplined and highly qualified professional like you." I said as his posture straightens up at my words.

"And moreover Sir, we could never find a CR better than Zayn for our college. The way he devotes himself for work, I doubt any other student could do that. It was his bad time that he is in this critical condition, but that doesn't mean we should kick him out immediately. We should trust him for his dedication, his hard work Sir." I stated my point politely.

  "And of course final decision will be yours only. It was my duty to keep my point in front of you." I ended my philosophical talk waiting for his reaction.

"Well, you have made a strong point Miss Redwood. I appreciate that." He smiled a bit and I relaxed.

"Okay then. I'll convince them to delay the meeting by one day. But Zayn need to show up with proofs on Thursday in the meeting. Otherwise, we might suffer from a great loss." He stated.

"He will definitely come on time with proofs. You don't need to worry about that. Thank you so much for trusting Sir." I said while my smile grew wider.

"You are welcome Miss Redwood. And I'm glad that you are managing the security system for the event. Our college needs students like you and Zayn. Also, I appreciate that your class report is very good although you joined the college late." He smiled and my happiness knew no bounds.