Chapter 49

Song :- 'The Way I Loved You' by Selena Gomez.

WARNING :- This chapter contains violence and emotional content. If you are a person with very soft heart then I recommend you to read it taking gaps or breaks or whatever you call it. :)

Alicia's POV

"I'm leaving this University and London forever!"

She stilled.

For a long few seconds, she didn't show any moment.

After another few seconds, she turned around. I could clearly see hurt in her eyes. I know, telling her abruptly without any warning and leave would hurt her. It was wrong but I didn't have any choice. If I would have told her before she wouldn't have let me go or have convinced me to stay. But I didn't want to have a change of mind. I was determined.

"How could you?" She said. Her eyes are watering, jaw clenched.

"How could you say in a flick of a second that you are leaving forever?" She walked up to me. I was just staring, with blurry eyes, just watching my best ever friend's panicky state.

"How could you not tell me before, Alicia?" She held me by my shoulders squeezing them a bit.

"I'm sorry." And then there my eyes gave up and started the river to descend down my cheeks.

I knew it, if I would speak something, anything I wouldn't be able to hold back. It wasn't easy for me to take that decision, hell it wasn't. But the hurt, the pain was increasing every passing moment which had become unbearable.

I never wanted anyone to babysit me or I would say I never wanted anyone to waste their precious time on consoling me. Even if I tried to pretend I'm okay, even if I tried not to show what I was feeling but in front of Kim, every pretension would get wasted leaving me all vulnerable.

I couldn't control my emotions from not coming out and I curse myself for that. Or might be, might be the emptiness, the loneliness in my life was too much to be neglected.

"You can't simply say sorry Al. No! You are not going anywhere." She freaked out. Moving her hand through the side of her head, pushing her hair back she held me again. "You have your fucking future to care about damnit! A mere guy cannot sabotage your mind to this extent. He can not!" She shouted while juddering me to wake my senses which were already dead.

I was on the verge of losing all my mindset. I was about to listen to my damn heart but I'm thankful that my head overpowered this time.

"I am doing this for my future only which is clearly not existing here, Kim." I subtly lied. I was sure as hell that I was doing this only for him, for his friendship which was breaking because of me, for his smile. He didn't want me near him and I was giving what he wanted. But right now I need Kim to understand that it is right to let me go so I said the otherwise. I can't live here holding my broken heart and seeing my-not actually mine-love all too agitated, angry and in pain. He hate mistakes and I know that he would have been hurting himself for breaking the promise unintentionally.

But the thing is....it's done. The damage has been done.

"This place leaves me in nothing but agony. I need to get away from all this. I need space and time to think all over again on how to precede my life in a better way." I met her eyes. Though, I doubt my life would ever turn out to be better.

Feeling suddenly woozy and hopeless I proceeded. "This place is destroying me, breaking me, melting me like a metal being heated up in a furnace letting itself to be writhed in whatever way the heat of the furnace wants. I can't let myself to do that. I don't want to writhe in pain, it's too much. Trust me it's. Too. Much." I said my feelings out.