Chapter 83

Song- Treat you better (Shawn Mendes)

Alicia's POV

The strumming of the guitar, his voice gets louder and my steps are slowing down following the rhythm.

Baby, just to wake up with you
Would be everything I need, and this could be so different
Tell me what you want to do

'Cause I know I can treat you better than he can
And any girl like you deserves a gentleman
Tell me why are we wasting time
On all your wasted crying
When you should be with me instead?
I know I can treat you better

My heart races listening to his voice, I'm so close and my next step takes me inside the hall.

Better than he can

I see everyone enjoying. My wide vision takes a quick look all around. Charts, posters all over the floor as students enjoy coloring them.

Better than he can

At my right side, I see Zayn strumming the guitar while cheering up everyone with his singing. My steps are taken aback as he turns around with his guitar and stands in front of me. I think it's a coincidence he didn't see me coming. Our eyes meet.

Give me a sign
Take my hand, we'll be fine
Promise I won't let you down

I see immense love in his eyes and I instantly look down. My heart churns in a way I can't explain.

Just know that you don't have to do this alone
Promise I'll never let you down

I close my eyes to drink in his words and let them flow throughout my body. My eyes are becoming wet, I can feel the water with my closed eyes.

'Cause I know I can treat you better than he can

I looked up as I watch him move backwards, still looking at me.

And any girl like you deserves a gentleman

He strums the guitar and turns around to go away. A lump in my throat starts to suffocate me and I gulp it down.

Tell me why are we wasting time
On all your wasted crying
When you should be with me instead?
I know I can treat you better
Better than he can

The group is watching me with demanding eyes. I look at Harry and decipher his pleading eyes, asking me to not hurt him anymore.

Better than he can

I look away and start searching. Searching for Rickard. What else I could do?

Better than he can...

I'm helpless.

I try not to cry as I tuck my hair behind my ear. I see Rick in the corner and start walking towards him. He's observing all what's happening in the hall with gritted teeth. If I'm not wrong he's jealous that how Zayn is drawing everyone towards himself. Everyone is so engrossed in their work as Zayn keeps them charged and motivated with his singing.

"You jealous?" A smirk plays on my face on its own and he looks at me.

"Alicia, I'm not in the mood right now. We need to do something. We should also start preparing charts and all this stuff to make my part of the college look good. I can't let him win." He glares at me and I sniff.

"I puke on your thinking." I glare back. "No way in hell I'm helping you. You always think of making him lose. But you never think of making yourself win. When you start thinking that way, you might get a chance to win." I try to knock some sense in him.