Chapter 26

Zayn's POV

I stir in my sleep when a cool breeze blows on my face. I slowly open my eyes and start sitting up on my bed. I glance at the table clock and it was 2:34am in the morning. I yawn before looking towards the window. The weather is cool as the trees are swinging back and forth in sync with the wind. I diverted my gaze from the window and that's when I saw a beautiful view in front of me.

My partner is sleeping with slightly open mouth on the sofa. The file is still in her hands and she is holding it tight to her chest. The breeze is playing with her silky brown locks causing them to flicker and bummer on her small angelic face. I smile seeing her pout when her hair fringes come across her eyes irritating her.

Unconsciously I dragged my feet towards her and my smile grew more when she starts cuddling to herself feeling the coldness the weather is giving her. She looks like a cute child who is in the need of warmth.

I slowly pulled off the file from her hands and placed it securely over the table near other files. She hugged herself more as the only warmth, the file, was taken away from her. I looked back on my shoulder to see my wound and completely ignored it. I slipped my left hand under her neck and the right one under her inner knees. I hoisted her up in my arms and she started cuddling to my chest. A chill ran down my spine when her pink lips touched my skin.

This girl has turned my life upside down!

I pull her closer to make her feel warm and moved towards my bed.

She is so light weight that I can easily stand at one place all night with her in my arms. I felt a dull and steady pain in my back which I ignored again. All I could concentrate upon is her cold body and I pulled her more close to my chest as if it would provide her the well needed warmth. I slowly placed her on the bed carefully not to wake her up. I pulled out to grab the blanket only to stop still in my place by her tiny hand. Her soft little hand was clutching my chain tight stopping me to move away. I looked at her sleeping face and then to her hand.

I again looked at her and my heart feels delighted seeing her beautiful face. She is the pure epitome of innocence. I just can't thank her enough for what she is doing for me. Usually it's me who help people but there is she, who just care so much of which I'm not used to.

Why am I important to her? Why does she give me the priority over everything? I just want the answer which she never gives me.

I carefully untangled her tiny fingers over my chain and settled her hand on the bed. She stirred slightly and turned her face to the other side.

Pulling the blanket up her small body I made my way to the other side of the bed. I laid down myself beside her while my eyes are in no mood to leave her face. I raised my hand up to her right cheek and pushed some of her bangs behind her ear. I caressed her cheek starting from the temple down to her jaw line with the back of my middle finger. A small smile forms on her face in reaction. I smiled seeing her bright face and repeated the movement of my finger.

Damn! Her cheeks are velvety soft. I can never get enough of her touch. Touching them makes me feel something strange in my stomach every time.

I came out of my thoughts when she grabbed my hand in her tiny ones only to place it under her left cheek. I tensed up a bit when she pulled my hand closer to her body keeping her cheek on it, like a pillow. I stopped moving as my hand was caught in her hands under her cheek. I stared at her face for a moment before I felt my eyes becoming heavy due to sleep. With time, my eyes got completely shut and I fell asleep cherishing her soft touch.

Alicia's POV

I woke up when the sunrays fell on my face. I opened my eyes only to see myself holding Zayn's hand to my chest.