Chapter 28

Zayn held her like that in his arms caressing her hair when she kept weeping silently. He didn't say anything because he knew that it wouldn't make a difference. Also, Alicia needed this. She needed someone to hold her when she could cry her heart out for her great loss. She needed someone to tell how she is going through the pain inside, how her father and brother's memories were affecting her everyday which she refused to show out to the world. Every day and every night she was burning inside not showing even a single sign that she is in pain.

She never talked about this to anyone because she hated sympathy. She never wanted anyone to see her with sympathetic look. She never wanted anyone to take care of her or to love her because she needed this or as a sympathetic favor. She wanted people to like her for what she is, her nature her behavior and her personality. But today, it became insufferable for her to hold back.

As we all know, for how long a person can hold back his/her anguish to themselves only? One month? Two? Three? One year? I guess not more than that! Everybody needs someone to share their sorrows with. Everyone wants a person who could tell them that everything is going to be okay. It's a human nature that we feel better after sharing our grief with someone. Though, it can never fix the broken heart but at least it gives the hope that may be someday the damage could be bandaged and the happiness would again come knocking at our door.

But here comes the exception. Alicia Redwood, a poor girl who has been continuously going through the pain alone for eleven long years. No one can understand what she had been feeling inside these years; how she managed to show the world that she is completely fine. But the day has come when she couldn't take the longing anymore. She burst out in tears failing to hide her excruciation and end up telling the truth to the one she loves.

Alicia's tears soaked Zayn's blue shirt's collar completely while her hands creased his shirt from his back due to the tight grip. She was sitting almost in his lap when Zayn continued to rub her back and caress her hair.

Zayn.

He was also lost in his own thoughts while Alicia's warm body and continuous crying was killing him inside out. He was fighting his own memories back. He thought only he had got a bad past but no. He was wrong. Although he has got a fucked up past but Alicia's was no less. He could completely understand her pain as he had been though somewhat similar anguish.

He pushed his thoughts away not wanting to make the situation worse and diverted his whole attention towards Alicia.

Her crying has converted into sniffing while her grip has loosened on his shirt. May be she is feeling a little better? Or she is just exhausted.

She slowly pulled out from the hug sitting properly on the stair. Zayn held her hands and started stroking them with his fingers lightly. "You okay?" He asked softly with some hope.

She just nodded slightly while gazing at Zayn's shirt over his shoulder.

"I'm sorry. I botched up your shirt." She mumbled in her soft sniffed voice.

"You okay Alicia?" He asked again cupping her cheeks while ignoring her not needed apology.

"I am fine." She nodded. "Thank you." She said while trying to smile.

"I did nothing." He frowned while wiping her tear maculated cheeks with his fingers.

"Thank you for being here when I really needed someone to listen to me." She murmured while he pushed her hair away from her face.

"Anything for you Partner." He said while bumping his forehead softly with hers.

He stood up telling her not to move when he made his way out. He came back within few minutes with a glass of water. He gave it to Alicia while occupying his previous position besides her. She gulped water inside before staring at him.