Chapter 36

"Enemies..."

The tears which she was trying to hold for atleast some time rolled down her eyes. The blowing air caused her hair to flow behind as if they were indicating the shock she just got.

"E-Enemies?" She spoke softly while Zayn pulled his face back, slowly.

He looked in her eyes before saying sternly. "Enemies."

She wiped her tears with the back of her palm. "And you are okay with that?" She asked while her lips quivered as the sobs were on the edge to come out loud.

Zayn turned away looking in the air as he said nothing.

"Answer me!" Her voice was a mixture of hurt and anger when she took a step forward to make him face her. "Are you okay with the fact that I'm your enemy?" She asked again wiping her stubborn tears.

Zayn's eyes were on everything but her. He knows that it is definitely not okay for him. But his stubborn self was preventing him to believe it.

"Yes!" He said plainly.

"Look into my eyes and answer!" Alicia held Zayn from forearms turning him around to look at her while her voice rises a bit. "Am I your enemy?" Her voice got a bit louder as her chest was heaving pretty fast.

"Yes. You are!" He said calmly lowering his eyes avoiding to look into hers.

"Look into my eyes! You--" Her shouting voice was cut by Zayn's high pitched voice as he slammed her into the car.

"Yes! You are!" He looked dead into her eyes while his jaw was clenched. "You are my enemy! Are you happy now?" He shouted while gripping her shoulders tight and meeting her gaze.

She shook her head slowly as his two sentences shattered all her hopes. "You are not the Zayn I knew." She pushed his hands away from her shoulders as her voice cracked in the end.

"And you were never the Alicia I have been imagining." He scoffed moving away towards his car's driver seat. "You are a pretty expert drama queen!" He slammed his fist onto the car roof before driving away leaving her all alone.

"I'm--" Her voice cracked as she found it difficult to formulate the words.

Suddenly something came into her mind and she wiped her tears away while making her way towards the college.

"I have to make it right!" She said to herself mustering up all the strength she could manage. "I can't live with this burden that I'm a fraudulent."

She walked into the washroom and splashed water on her face. She looked at herself in the mirror only to see her horrible look.

She ignored it while splashing more water before making her hair to look descent. She cleaned her face with tissue papers before going towards Dean's office.

~~Dean's Office, 4:45pm~~

"May I come in, Sir?" She peaked in a little before Dean looked up to see her.

"Yes Miss Alicia Redwood." He said while giving her an invisible smile.

She came in before Dean told her to sit on the chair.

"I hope Zayn has told you that you are our new CR?" He smiled. "Congratulations." He said while shuffling the pages of a file.

"Yes Sir." She swallowed the bile remembering how Zayn congratulated her.

"Hmm. So now the whole responsibility of the college is in your hands. And I expect, from the brilliant student like you to tackle with everything precisely." He said plainly while handing her the file.