Chapter 27

I pulled my phone from my ear to see that if the voice is really coming from it or I'm just dreaming. His words just gave me a feeling of unpredicted ravishment and I can't help but my eyes got filled with water.

He misses me!

I hold back the phone to my ear while rejoicing the moment.

"Alicia?" He called. His voice was soft and unsure while I was trying to articulate my emotions which were stuck inside my throat.

"Say something...." I again heard his soft voice. It was like he was talking to himself unsure of whether I'm still on line or not, a light voice which almost lost all hopes of getting a reply back.

"I-I miss you too." Finally the words left my mouth.

"You are still there." He sighs and I can feel that he is smiling.

"I am." A soft smile forms on my face.

"How is your back?" I asked in concern.

"Oh! It's fine. Don't worry."

"Okay." I smiled. "I'm glad that everything is back to normal again."

"And I'm sad that everything is back to normal again...." I heard his unclear low voice which I guess was not for me to listen, maybe he was talking to himself?

"What?" I asked confused.

"Uh....Nothing. But seriously, thank you so much for all that file and stuff Partner. I owe you big time."

"It was nothing. You are welcome." I replied while feeling satisfied.

I did something which made Zayn happy and that's important to me! I'll do anything for him.

Silence!

Silence occupied within us as we both were struggling for the topic to start a conversation again. Neither we were talking nor cutting the call.

I fiddled with the hem of my top while walking back to the bed.

"Uhh...." Zayn's voice broke the silence while I made myself comfortable under the duvet.

"Um...had dinner?" He asked.

"Hmm...you?" I smiled while asking, completely known to the fact that we are just talking...nothing.

"Yeah... "

Silence!

"Zayn?"

"Hmm?"

"We should sleep." I said smiling on the fact that he is in no mood to cut the call although there is nothing to talk about and even if there was but right now nothing is coming in both of our minds.

"Yeah..we should..sleep?" I giggled at his confusing voice.

"Good Night Zayn."

"Hmm..." He sighs. "Good Night Partner."

Silence!

My smile widened as neither of us cut the call.

"Zayynn....." I emphasized on his name while adjusting myself on the pillow.

"Yesss....."

I giggled. "Cut the call."

I can feel him smiling too.

"No. You do it first."

"What? No! You called so you will be the one to cut." I scolded him playfully. Actually, I myself didn't want to end the call.