chapter 25

Recap

"I still want the answer to my question I asked you in medical room." He whispered in his husky deep voice again rubbing his cheek oh-so-slowly with mine.

"Why am I important to you?"

His constant slow-low whispering and touching had zoned me out completely. My heart was pounding so hard because of the closeness and his hot breath near my ear. The warmth of his bare torso touching me and his arms which are securely circled around my waist was producing certain dizziness inside me. The deeper portion of my heart was enjoying all this. It wanted to be like this in his arms forever. It wanted to relish his smooth touch more and more which was fulfilling all its cravings that were kept unrealized from long ago.

Instinctively, my hands left his hair and travelled down his torso towards his back. I placed my hands on his lower back being careful not to touch his wounds. My head crept a little down his shoulder end up being pressed to his left part of the chest right below his shoulder. Zayn's hands reciprocate by adjusting me in a hug while his chin sank down over my small head.

"Why am I important to you partner?" He asked again ever so softly.

My posture stiffened as I found myself struggling to find the answer. I opened my eyes staring blankly at nothing. He pulled out slowly leaving me slightly disappointed and lifted up my chin with his finger. I looked down immediately not wanting to meet his eyes.

"Look at me Alicia." He murmured softly. "I want the answer."

I slowly turned my eyes up only to meet his demanding hazel shimmering ones.

"You are important because...." I trailed off slightly pulling my hands from his back.

"Because...?"

"Because....uh! because......You-you are important to everyone Zayn." I looked here and there slightly moving away. "You are the CR of the college. Of course you're important."

"Why am I important to you?" He took one step closer emphasizing the word 'you' when I saw the look of frustration in his eyes.

"Zayn, I don't kno--" I stopped dead when my eyes drifted towards my hands which are drenched a bit in blood.

"Oh my god!" I quickly stepped behind Zayn and saw a line of blood which was dribbling down from his left shoulder wound.

Panic rushed through me and I dragged him to his bed.

"Lay down!" I ordered him.

"It's nothing. Answer to my ques--"

"Shut up! And Lie down." I demanded cutting him in between while he was frowning.

I looked at him in disbelief. What kind of a person he is! Doesn't it hurt? He is talking like it's no big deal?

He obeyed anyways and lied down on the bed on his stomach. I quickly collected some cotton and started cleaning the blood over his back while sitting next to him. Doctor said no movements. Obviously, if he would keep moving from here and there his wound would get aggravated. Now, I will make sure that he doesn't move from his place.

Although, I'm just cleaning his back but the slight touching of my fingers on his skin and sitting up close to him makes me feel...whole. Complete.

He was lying by resting his head on the pillow while his both arms were on either side of his head on the pillow. He was in deep thoughts that I couldn't get through what. But he looks so aphrodisiac in this position. His soft little fluffy hair was looking so good that I want to ruffle them. Though, I had roamed my hands in them before. I smiled at the reminiscence when I raked my hands in his hair in the medical room. The emotional, the unforgettable hug we shared was something memorable.