Chapter 37

Chapter 37: Runway

"Are you really sure about this?" Sharla asked me, which made my forehead creased. All the models are getting ready for the rehearsal, and here I am in front of the vanity fixing ourselves for the practice.

"What do you mean by I'm sure about this?" I asked while putting some light make-up on my face to do the rehearsals. I'm wearing red lingerie for this Valentine's day, I know I should spend time with my boyfriend, but we decided to do it tomorrow before leaving New York.

Sharla sat beside me and played my curled hair, "Are you really sure that you want to go back in the Philippines already? I mean, this will be your last runway here in New York, and I could say that you made a big impact with your walk." she complimented, but can hear the hesitation on her voice.

A sighed escaped on me and took a glance on her, "Ano bang dapat kong katakutan sa pag-babalik sa Pilipinas? Maninirahan lang naman kami doon ni Jordan." linagay ko na ang hikaw sa aking tenga na dahilan para tingnan ko ang mukha ko bawat kanto kung maayos na ba ang itsura ko.

"That's not what I mean, Avon...I can see it, you're hesitating to go back to the Philippines, and you've been anxious these past few days after you and Jordan talked about going back. Is it bothering you?"

Sumayad naman ang tingin ko kay Sharla ulit pero umiling nalang ako na para bang pilit kong iniiwas ang sarili ko sa diskusyon dahil alam kong pipilitin niyang mahuli ako sa mga tanong niya.

"Are you hesitating to back? Why? May rason ba kung bakit nag-aalinlangan ka?" sunod-sunod niyang tanong sa akin na dahilan para padabog kong ibaba ang kamay ko at walang-ganang tumingin sa kanya. Ano bang gusto niyang sabihin ko?

"What are you even talking about? Dati lang ako nag-aalinlangan pero na-realize ko na dapat lang kaming bumalik ni Jordan sa Pilipinas, may buhay rin kami doon atsaka puwede naman kaming dumalaw dito sa New York."

Ipilit ko man na iyon ang sabihin ko ay pakiramdam ko ay nababasa niya ako na dahilan para kumunot ang noo niya. Alam ko naman na hindi iyon ang tamang sagot sa tanong niya pero gusto kong pag-bigyan si Jordan na bumalik sa Pilipinas.

"I-I'm just worried to you, Avon," I saw her shifting her eyes away from me, and she let out a sigh as if she's frustrated with me leaving New York.

"Why? Ano bang dapat ipag-bahala ko sa pag-babalik ko sa Pilipinas?" nag-tataka kong sabi pero alam ko rin sa sarili ko na nag-aalala ako kung ano bang haharapin ko sa Pilipinas pag-katapos ng tatlong taon na hindi pag-bisita.

When I got here in New York, my life changed, and also my perspective. I forgot that there's a place that is waiting for me because I was busy with my modeling career.

 I decided to put my priorities first, but I forgot that living here is not permanent. I still need to get back to where I came from.

"You won't understand because you're not you." my forehead creased because on what she said and I felt my breathing became heavy as if her words hit me. What does she mean that I won't understand because I'm not me?

"What do you mean--"

"Okay, girls! Go to your formations already because we are going to start the rehearsal." natigilan ang balak kong itanong kay Sharla at napunta sa staff ang tingin ko na ngayon ay inaayos na ang mga modelo para sa rehearsal.

The staff's gaze went to mine, and she tilted her head on me, "You better give your best walk even though it's just a rehearsal." she reminded me of the reason why I nodded with a smile on her. She knows that this will be my last walk in Alessandara's fashion show, and I'm happy that my walk made the crowd wild for years.