PROLOGUE

Prologue

"You're suspended for almost twelve months Salvatierra and base on your rehabilitation is that you met our standards to give you a chance again in this camp, I hope you will not disappoint you, fellow soldiers, again."

The General is holding a meeting and it's only the two of us, I gained my sense and trying to be firm in front of him because I'm thankful that they gave me a chance to be in the camp again.

After twelve months of being suspended because of my actions I'm already getting back in the camp, what did I do for a year when I'm suspended? Nothing, just wait for me to go in a battle again wearing my uniform again.

"I will sir, no mistake from now on" I promised on him the reason why he nodded as an answer, I know they will still doubt me as their enemy and all I have to do is to prove that I'm ready to serve again my country with honesty.

It was just one mistake but I treat it as a lesson also, in that mistake I'm with the person I cherished.

I lose to a battle because of that person but it's still clear to me what she did to me that I realized that maybe it's not yet the time for us.

She used to be mine, that woman used to be mine.

"You know we have a conflict between the Albundo group and I will allow you to be with us when it comes to operations."

Albundo group, the group that is feared by the people because of their cruelty. The place La Estrelita is a peaceful place but it became chaos their when the Albundo group started to sown the province, many people died because of the sudden explosion in there and there's a possibility that the group is a big one.

The La Estrelita is full of mountains and I think the Albundo group is hiding there, even though I was suspended for almost twelve months I just took my uniform but my service to the country didn't stop.

I'm still updated on what is happening inside the camp and I know they are under siege on the La Estrelita to catch the leader of the group.

They are against the government and still, we have no clue what is their message and what did the government do for them to do chaos in La Estrelita.

"Our troops are trying to do a siege on the La Estrelita but first we are planning to evacuate the people living there in a safe place."

Albundo group burned houses and some residents were hostage, I do believe that the cause of the outrage is somehow connected to political factors or maybe poverty.

"But thankfully we got one of them but he's not willing to surrender his group, their outrage is a big impact and trauma to the residents of La Estrelita."

I clenched my jaw and leaned my back on the backrest of the chair, if they got one on the group then why is that person not telling the reason for their attacks?

"Who's that person you captured?"

"We found out that the one we captured is the leader's brother" I was stunned for a second on what the General said, they are lucky that they captured the brother of the leader but I think he's not willing to surrender the group, he's not even giving a clue on us because he's trying to protect the group.

"How're the residents on there?" I asked with a serious tone, I can feel that my service is needed in La Estrelita. I'm thinking about the kids there who are traumatized and scared of their surroundings, they are too young to experience this.

"They are scared and crying, they are hearing bomb explosions every night and shootings that means that the group is like hunting to create fear."

Nasapo ko ang noo ko dahil sa kahit wala pa naman ako sa laban ay naiisip ko na ang mga nararanasan nila doon. Imagine, as a parent you need to do your best just to keep your children safe and even though you can hear bomb explosions every night you need to be strong.

We all feared the group but we need to end this, alam kong nag-plaplano na sila dahil sa nadakip ang kapatid ng leader nila at kailangan naming maging alerto sa mga aksyong gagawin namin.

"Their outrage is somehow a historical one, ano pa bang kaya nilang gawin?" I bit my lower lip and trying to think of a plan, of all the battles I joined this is the worst one because the group is large and some of them show no mercy.

"The team is doing their best to search for some actions and their routines, this group is not like the other groups we fought."

I nodded as an answer, after twelve months of being suspended here I am getting ready to do my job as a soldier. I held my military dog tag wherein there's my name on it, Captain Gustavo Archielle Salvatierra ready to do his mission to stop this outrage.

"Some soldiers are already wounded because of the explosion or someone sniped them, when I talked to them I asked them if they still want to be in the battle and they said yes."

The passion and the promise they are holding to keep the country peaceful, the duty of the soldier is not to die for his country but to make the enemy die for his. As a soldier my service is for all, I will be one of the soldiers who will join the battle.

Fear of being wounded and the worst is death?

No, when I entered and took an oath to my country I expected this kind of situations. Hindi ko tatalikuran ang bansa ko kung kailan nasa isang laban ang isang lugar na kung saan ginulo ng isang grupo na may galit sa pamamalakad.

"They didn't doubt to answer me, even though some of them are already crippled it's not an excuse for them to be with us."

Ang puso ng pagiging sundalo ay puso na rin para sa kanyang bansa, I hope this will end because I don't want the residents of the La Estrelita to be traumatized and scared for years.

"This battle begins already when we captured the leader's brother, mas lalo nilang palalakasin ang grupo nila dahil sa hawak natin ang kasama nila. We should be ready and you're tasked to lead your comrades, Captain Gustavo Archielle Salvatierra. I'm counting on you."

The way the General called my name with my rank is the start of my service already, he declared me as a soldier again and I will do my best as a captain to end this war.

"General, general!" someone opened the door all of a sudden and I saw First Lieutenant Agacita, he was panting and I can see that he has something to tell us.

"First Lieutenant Agacita, what is your problem?" napatayo ang heneral na may halong pag-tataka sa kanyang noo habang ako naman ay hinihintay ko kung ano ang sasabihin ng kapwa ko sundalo.

He saluted first to the General and I can still hear his panting the reason why my jaw clenched, ano bang gusto niyang sabihin?

"What is your problem, Agacita?" the General asked on him.

"General, the President declared martial law in La Estrelita"

Sa sinabi ni Agacita ay kaagad kaming nag-katinginan ng heneral at ramdam ko ang pag-taas ng balahibo ko dahil sa dineklara ng Presidente, he declared martial law which means the military has the control of normal civil functions.

"The President suspended the civil law. What do we do, General?"

What do we do as soldiers? The president already declared martial law in La Estrelita because of the crisis.

The time has come, my man.

The time has come to come back and guide your comrades.

Captain Gustavo Archielle Salvatierra, ready for the war.

My field near the river, it's sad to know that you're not here to see me getting back on my job but I know you're proud of me.