Hawk and the Butterfly

Chapter 1 Memories

-Hawk's view point-

Sitting at the playground on top of the swing set, I was trying to hold back any emotions that seem to make me look weak. I was only 8, but my father made use of it. No one expected a child to be stealing anything. I closed my eyes and let out a sigh.

"Mommy look! A sad angel!" I heard a tiny girl voice shout out. I opened my eyes. There was beautiful woman, with white hair dressed in a blue kimono, with a little girl. The little girl had giant iridescent butterfly wings, compared to her little body. Her eyes the same colors of the women, an icey blue but she had silvery blonde hair. The little girl was dressed in a little pink kimono with little red butterflys scattered among it.

I narrowed my eyes. "I'm not angel." I muttered. I could see the girl look at the women and then dropped her hand. She came running up to me, but couldn't reach me. She try fluttering her wings, but it look like she hasn't learned how to use them all the way yet. I could hear the flutter almost like a tiny bug flying by. Slowly she made it to my height. "Don't be sad angel! Do you want to be my friend." She was smiling at me, I felt heat run to my face and I looked away from her. "No" I whispered. She tilt her head. "What?" I looked at her, her face was getting tired, her wings were starting to give out and I could see she's was dropping and then coming back up. "Hey are you o-" she start to fall. I quickly grabbed her hand and spread my wings out and made sure she landed gently on her feet.

"That was fun angel!!!" She giggled. I glared at her. "I'm not an angel!" I end up yelling at her. She curled back trying to make her self smaller. I let out a sigh and looked down. "Sorry." I could tell her body soften. "It's okay, if you're not an angel what is your name?" She asked. I looked up at her. "My name is Yukino Fae!" She smiled. "Well I guess my so called father calls me Keigo." I muttered at the so called name. "Keigo? " She smiled. My body relaxed, there wasn't no hidden motive behind it. It felt, almost peaceful when she said it.

The women started walking up to us. "Sweety are you hungry? Would you like some sweets? I always have icepops on me. I keep them cool in my bag." I looked up confused. "wouldn't they melt?" I asked. She gave a closed eye smile. She had a motherly feel to her. "Well I am an ice women." She giggled. She got into her bag and pulled out two popsicles, I took the red one while Fae took the blue one. "Mama controls ice!!!" Fae cheered. Her lips were blue from the icepop. It made me giggle a little. "I can do it to watch!!!" She cupped her hands,  slowly snow flakes formed falling endlessly into her cupped hands.

My eyes widden. "Whoa that's so cool!!!!" I shouted. Fae gave me a closed eye smile. "Hehe." I went to touch the snow in her hands. It felt soft like freshly laid snow. The cold went through my finger and up to my arm. "See!" She was so proud of it. "Keigo get your ass back here before I beat it!" It sounded like my father found me. "Hey Fae it was nice meeting you hopefully we can meet again!" I shouted as I ran away waving my hand goodbye. "Bye-bye Keigo-kun" when she said that my heart flutter even my wings puffed out.

I ran up to my so called father still smelling like cheap whiskey. "So you met a new friend huh Keigo?" He said evilly. "I bet she about 4 or 5." I kept my eyes forward trying not to show him that I was getting angry the way he was talking about Fae. It sound like a creepy old man. "Maybe we should invite this-" he was waiting for me to say her name. I bit my lip trying not to say her name. "Fae, was it?" My eyes widden and looked up at him. "Yeah maybe we should one day." He smirked evilly.

Every day for a while I would run away from home and find Fae and her mother walking home. But one day Fae told me that she was gonna move into the mountains. "I'm sorry Keigo-kun, mama has gotten sick and we need to go back home. Daddy runs our hotel out there. Mama only came down to take me to school!" She smiled trying to cheer me up. I sat on the swing and wasn't moving. I felt her tiny little arms wrap around me. "Mama thought me a song, to sing when some one I love is far away. Do you want to hear it?" She asked. I looked up at her trying so hard not to let my eyes water.

"My love, my love, my fearless love.
I will not say goodbye.
Sea may rise. Sky may fall.
My love will never die."

She hugged me after finishing the song. "I love you Keigo-kun!" She said, even she had a couple of tears falling from her face. "I'll be here until the last day of school! And then I have to head home. So promise me you'll be here!" She gave me a smile still trying to cheer me up. "Right we have a month left!" I cheered. She smiled "Yeah and when school starts back up I'll be here!! And we can sing the song together!" I smiled at her. "Okay let's sign it together, starting now."
"Okay!" She cheered and started to sing the line so I can repeat it.

Her mother enjoy my company with Fae, and even started bring books so we could play together. But it all had to come to an end. I didn't want to go home, because of my father I wanted to stay with Fae and Mis Yukino.

It was the last day of school and I waited for Fae and her mother, but they didn't come something was wrong. I waited until the street lights came on. "Did she leave without saying good bye?" Tears finally formed and was ready to roll. "This isn't fair!" I screamed. "This isn't fair! I was- I-was happy." I was starting to sob. I lost all control of my emotions, my wings dropping like they lost all life in them.

The wind picked up and I could see smoke. I flapped my wings to fly to see what was going on. When I got there, what I saw made my heart stopped. It was Fea on the ground bleeding from her head, and Mis Yukino was on the ground not breathing. A car hit them and tried to run but ran into another car causing the smoke. I quickly flew down and grabbed Fae and dragged her to the side walk, cradling her tiny body. "FAE!?" I screamed out her name but no answer. She was still breathing which me happy but her not waking me up filled me with worry. "FAE WAKE UP!!!! FAAAAAE!" I kept screaming until my voice gave out but she wouldn't wake up.

Finally heros and policemen finally came and they had to rip Fae out of my arms in order to put her in ambulance so they could run her to a hospital. I felt a hand on my wing and when I turned, it was my father with livid look on his face. But I looked back at the ambulance and started to cry. "I-i-didnt even say good-bye." I started to sob.

When we got home I went straight to my room locking the door. I hugged the pillow to my chest as tightly as I could. "My lov-ve My love." I started to sing our song between sobs. By the end of the song I wailed into my pillow, muffling my cried. Until I cried my self to sleep.