Chapter 4 Stumbling Across A Broken Doll

Time skip a month later

-Dabi's view point-

"Damnit it I'm so tried of them just throwing me out here without filling me in." I grunted looking up at the night sky.

Toga laughed, "looks like someone cranky! Maybe you just hangry?" The blonde girl laughed. She skipped around me, without a care in the world. "Let's stop by that gas station! Grab something to eat, before you go roasting things again." She was getting on my nerves.

"Sure." I rolled my eyes and started walking, towards the station.

The blonde stood out side playing on her phone while I went in. The door rang as I entered. With my hoodie over my head so I could keep my face hidden, and my hands in my pockets. I started walking around and I saw something shimmer in the corner of my eye, a shimmer of red hair. I turned my head thinking it was my little brother but no. It was a girl with long red hair, and thick glasses. I couldn't help but to stare at her, something about her seemed to put me in a calm state of mind. I slowly tried to walk to her, but before I could even take one step the girl turned and ran straight into me, knocking her self back and falling. Before she fell on to the floor I grabbed her arm and pulled her to me.

Her basket landed in the floor, scattering her items but at lest she was safe. I looked down at her and she looked up. Her bright blue eyes, made me froze. They were so sad but so full of life in them at the same time. They were puffy, and the whites were a shade of red like the poor girl has been crying for days.

"You okay.....?" I try to be polite, but being cold made me sound like a little brash. She put her hands on my chest and was pushing me way, but gently. She bowed her head and started gathering her things.

"Hey there, are you alright there?" I asked again. She stopped and looked up at me. She gave me a closed eye smile and nodded. 'is she a mute?' I thought. Once she gathered her things I saw she had canned cat food and as well as cups of Raman for a weeks worth. She started walking to the counter to pay but I got there before she did.

"I'll pay for her, I told the cashier." The red head looked at me with confusion on her face, and then sighed as I reached out my money and paid. She bowed her head again and gave me that closed eye smile again. That smile made my heart somewhat flutter. I never had this happen before.

"Yo!!!!! Where's my food Dabs!?" Toga was yelling through the door. When I looked the red headed girl was walking past her. Hopefully Toga didn't see what happened, other wise she would give me shit for a long ass time.

I chuckled "yeah, yeah, give me a sec will ya?!" I looked at the cashier. "Does that girl come here often?" I asked. He pulled his hand on his chin.

"Well she's been coming about once a week for the past month, and she pays with her phone. Granted I had to help her find the cat food cuz it seemed like the girl couldn't read. Though I think she spoke some english to her phone once." I tilt my head. 'she can't read, and she can't speak....but he said she spoke English? No wonder why she didn't answer she probably didn't understand me.' I turned and raised my hand up to say thanks as I went for snacks for Toga and I.