Chapter 25 Training

-Airmeds view point-

We were on the roof and it was about 2pm-ish. Hawks was standing in front of me. "Okay I need to teach you how to use a knife at lest." I nodded in all seriousness.

"That feather can be used as a knife if need to be." I side eyed him in confusion. "I want you to rub on it." He order.

I narrowed my eyes. "But you told me before that it tickles you."

He sighed. "Just do it kid." I nodded and I gently grasped it and rubbed my thumb on it. I looked away from him and looked down at it. "See how it's still soft?" He said gritting his teeth. "Now squeeze it as tight as you can." I looked up at him.

"Wouldn't that hurt?" I asked. He shook his head.

"No it's a defensive feather I gave you." I looked back down at it, and I squeezed it. I felt it become hard and sharp. "Now hold the quill part."

I was confused "the quill" he leaned his head back, and sighed.

"The naked part of the feather is called a quill, baby bird." I looked at it. "I made sure it was long enough for you to hold." I wrapped my hands around the cord and ripped it off me like a breakaway. The red, crimson feather fit perfectly in my hand, the blade was long as my hand.

"Good Kid." He smiled like he was proud. He walked up to me and pulled my arm out with the feather. "The naked part of the feather is like a handle on a blade, these little feathers, are called downward feathers, they are like the hand guard for you. And then the rest of the feather is the blade." He looked down at my face as I studied the feather. It was light like there was nothing in my hand.

"Now I want you to try coming at me. I want to see you what can do." I side eyed him, trying to figure out what to do. I never did use a knife before and the USA Heros Division, only did basic training of me running away and healing people which I thought that was wasteful if I was in danger. I flipped the feather the other way to were it was coving my wrist.

(The best I could find sorry)

I stood still trying to think of away to attack him with out hurting him. "Come one kid! Come at me." I charged at him running and not thinking.