"Was it Instinct?"

Requested by: luna_starlight09
Hope you enjoy!
_______________________________________________

The cool air couldn't be felt through the raging heat of the fire as it hungerly consumes the house. Bryan, despite what his pack told him, ran in. Was it honner, was it recklessness, or was it instinct? He couldn't tell, all he could focus on what trying to find where the loud cries of a child were.

It was a normal, cool, day for Bryan. The leaves fell softly to the ground as he walked along the path to his old town. He doesn't remember the last time he made the trip, but he does remember his wonderful friends and where they went, how it all was, and honestly? He wouldn't have it any other way.

Bryan had his nose covered as he tried pushing rubble off if the small child. The child looked to be around at least twelve years of age, their blonde, long, hair had ashes in it from the fire and tiny spots of dried blood. Their brown eyes held panic and fear with a hint of relief, their skin seemed to be covered in wounds, the blood making it hard to tell, their clothes torn and bloody, covered in soot.

Bryan can't remember how many times he counted the months to days from when he'd make this trip again. It was peaceful and quiet among with path, the beautiful flowers lining the sides of the path with lights hanging from the trees, an abandoned play ground hidden behind trees and overgrown plants. It was beautiful and calming.

Bryan was finally able to move the heavy rubble.
"Can you move?" The child shook their head, dried tear streaks along their bloodied cheeks, as they sniffled. "Can I pick you up?" Picking up a scared child would only make the problem worse, Bryan knew this, he had to if he worked the job he had. The child nodded shortly.

Bryan didn't know why, but his pack was spying on him. They were probably worried and he couldn't blame them too much, sure they shouldn't have followed him, but he also didn't tell them where he was going and when.

Bryan gently but swiftly picked the child up and held them close and secure as he ran to an exit. He gently set the child down outside. "I'm going back in to find possible survivers." And like that Bryan ran off, his muscles aching.

The pack was kicking around as they walked when they heard cries and pleading of help. They then smelt the smoke.

Bryan felt might headed, the exit was blocked off and his only escape was through a window he saw in the second story. His muscles ache as black dots filled his vision. He didn't know when but he made it to the window. He could hear the cries of the child and of his pack mates.

The building was on fire, a child locked in a second story room, the building falling apart.

______________________________________________
So, I tried something new and I hope you enjoyed it!

ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ
Hugs?

♡︎ I appreciate you all ♡︎

bye!