We're Your Family

"But, Kay, we're your family."
~Protectors guild

"You already have a huge family, Kay."
~Silver/Austin

Luna_Sunblood

_______________________________________

Kay was walking around town looking at all the families. She felt envy looking at them being so happy. But then, she felt guilty. She lied. Not to just anyone, but her friends. She looked at a little boy, possibly around six years of age, walking down the street munching on some candy, holding  a woman's Hand, who looks to be his mother. She was listening to everything he was saying.

Envy welled up inside her.

Sad flashback time

A little girl, around the around six was waking down the streets at night, under the lights of the town you could see dirty medium, long hair, light skin, covered in ugly green and yellow bruises, but if you'd look close enough, you'd see the dark ugly blue and purple bruise on her arm. Her older siblings had locked her out the house for the fifth night in a row.
Her parents didn't care, infact, they didn't even acknowledge her in the slightest, as if she was never there.

Flashback ends

Kay blinked and suddenly she was at the cave she once called home, well, before the protector's guild.

New flashback begins

"Go leave!" Her older sister yelled at Kay. Her sister was bored of her. She no longer cried when they gave her a bruise or made her bleed and she did nothing in the house, so she can't be a servant.

That was the day Kay found she liked foxes more than humans.

New flashback ends

"Kay?"

Kay turned around to find Bri, their guild leader, and Silver, another guild leader, looking at her.

"Hey, Bri!" Kay tried to act happy, but she knew it sounded pathetic.

"Why are you crying?"

Huh? She didn't even realize she started crying.

"I, um." There couldn't be harm in telling them, right? She thought to herself.

"I had a family who I know hated me," Kay continued, wipping away her tears, "My parents turned a blind eye towards the physical abuse my siblings did to me. They neglected and physically abused me." Kay couldn't continue as she started to cry.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"I have no family."

"But, Kay, a guild is a family, you're family. As Grimshade is also a family." Silver explains.

"We're your family." Bri stated, leaving no room for argument.

"You have a huge family."

"What family?"

"Divinus Magia, The Protectors, Grimshade, and Wandering Coins."

Kay couldn't help bust son even harder, not from pain, but from relief and happiness as the two guild leaders comforted her.

______________________________________

ʕ´• ᴥ•̥'ʔ
This was to many emotions.

ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ
Hug.