• Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

"In a New York Minute"

'Oh Lord, forgive me for my sins. I'm living off revenge'
— NoCap

'Lord

"Congratulations baby, I love you so much." Kauner says, embracing her sister in a tight hug. "Send me pictures from Italy, okay?"

"I love you more little sis and I appreciate you for everything." Money retorts, blinking her tears away before they could fall and mess up her makeup for the hundredth time. "I'm still sad that you're not coming to Italy with us, but I understand."

Their dad rented a yacht in Amalfi Coast for Monet and Sean's wedding. They were spending the weekend alone but the rest of the family is supposed to join them in a few days. Since Kauner was literally the last one to know, she decided against going. Not only did she miss Amir but she also had to get back to work.

"Which one of us do you think is next?" Greyson asks, walking up beside Kauner as they watched the helicopter Monet and Sean were in lift up off of the lawn of their 30-acre property in The Hamptons.

If it wasn't obvious before, the Wright family was paid out of the ass. Kauner's father, Gabriel is CEO and cofounder of one of the fastest growing biotech pharmaceutical companies in the United States. He has a net worth of 13.4 billion dollars. Surely you might've seen him on the cover of Forbes or Business Insider.

"Definitely Kori." Kauner tells him, referring to their 16-year-old sister who was just a few feet away from them. Talking to her IG live. Like always.

"You know, that kinda' hurt my feelings that you don't have faith in me." He said jokingly, taking a sip of his champagne. "Or yourself. Ma told me about your new boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend."

"So who is he?" He furrowed his eyebrows, questioning his little sister. "If you don't mind me asking."

Before Kauner could answer him, Kyran came rushing over with her satin-gold Callie Jimmy Choo bag. It was the perfect accessory for her champagne Carolina Herrera bridesmaid dress.

"Here, your phone has been ringing nonstop!"

"Did you check to see who it was?" She asked Kyran, grabbing her bag and fishing around inside for her phone.

He shook his head no and told her he had no idea who it was.

Missed Call (4): ADT Home Security

"What's wrong?" Greyson asks, noticing his sister's facial expression.

"I don't know, it's my security company."

Just as she was about to redial the number, they started calling back again. Since everybody was outside mingling and talking amongst themselves, she decided to take the call inside where it was quiet. Both and Kyran and Greyson were hot on her trail.

"Hello?" Kauner answers, putting the phone up to her ear.

"Miss Wright? This is Amanda with ADT security. We received an alarm for a break in at your home. We dispatched police and they have also confirmed the break-in."