• Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

"The morning after"

« Kauner »

"FUCK!" Amir yells, hitting the steering wheel of his blacked out Dodge Charger Hellcat as he sped away from the club. With Shi's Lambo truck right behind us. "You just couldn't let that shit go huh?"

"What?" I sniffle, looking over at him. He was covered in Khalil's blood. There was so much of it that I felt sick to my stomach just looking at it. "Nigga she started with me—.."

"Ion' wanna' hear that shit. She was walkin' away but you had to have the last lick. Besides what'chu mean she started wit'chu? How old are you bro?"

"I didn't pull the fucking trigger! If you're going to keep talking to me like this then you can let me the fuck out!" I tell as I reach for the door handle.

I understand his frustration, I should've just chalked that shit up to the game but I didn't. And I can't change what happened. Khalil was laying on the cold floor of a strip club  dying because of my actions. Amir stayed inside with him as long as he could while the rest of us waited outside, we didn't leave until the sounds of ambulance and police sirens were basically right next to us.

"I'm not letting you out the fuckin' car so stop acting stupid." He chuckles sarcastically, pulling his phone out of his pocket and dialing somebody. "Ion' even wanna talk to you right now dawg, I can't even fuckin' think straight."

I did exactly as he said, and not because he told me to either, but because I was still trying to wrap my head around the last twenty-five minutes.

Since Amir's phone was connected to the car, the call took over the car's speakers. I looked at the screen and he was calling somebody with the initials R.B. I wonder who the fuck that is and how exactly could he help with the situation at hand.

"Yeah?" A man picked up, with a noticeable groggy voice and even more noticeable attitude.

"Yo Richard? I hope you on call tonight. I got a friend who's 'bout to come through there in about five or ten minutes. Gun shot wound to the to the side. His name is Khalil Vincent." Amir tells him as he turned onto Peachtree street.

Looking in the side mirror I noticed that Shi turned in a different direction. He must be taking Milan and Kyran back to his place. Both of them were shaken up and drunk out of their minds.

"Im not on call but I can get to the hospital in twenty minutes and see if I can do anything for your friend, but you know this is going to cost you extra right?"

"Nigga you already gettin' twenty, what else you want?"

"I want fifty. I'm the best at my job, if anybody is going to be able to save him it's going to be me."

Amir let out a deep sigh of frustration, I could tell that he was biting his tongue and holding back from saying what he really wanted to. Obviously the man is a surgeon or something but why was Amir have a direct line to him? And why was he paying him so much money? God, my head is spinning.