• Chapter Two

Chapter Two

"Thug love"

'You bein' bad is just a bonus, look how beautiful your soul is'
— Nas

Kauner Giselle Wright

"I can't believe you let that man walk away from you and you didn't get his number or nothing!" Milan says, going on about that nigga from outside the club for the hundredth time in the last forty-five minutes. "I'm really starting to question if you still like dick or not."

"Bitch I'm the catch, if anything he should've asked me for my number." I assure her, taking a sip of my orange juice from the Waffle House to-go cup I had since I refused to put my lips on any of their cups or eating utensils.

"Why? So you could tell him no too?" She rolls her eyes at me before looking around the somewhat empty restaurant. "Wit'cho mean ass. That man was fine and he was paid. Bitch who the fuck you know just casually walking around Miami with a Richard Mille on?"

"Girl why you going to bat for this man?" I chuckle, tapping my acrylic nails on the table in front of my plate of hash browns that I'd barely touched. "And you know just like I know that a nigga with money ain't good for shit but tricking off. Besides, the chances of us ever running into those niggas again are slim to none."

After we got picked up from the club, the driver dropped us off back at the hotel before me and Milan decided we wanted Waffle House. Unfortunately this trip wasn't all fun and no work for Ky.

Not only did he have a successful up and coming luxury streetwear brand but he also pulled a few pieces here and there and styled a couple of the Instagram girls on the side. Since he had an early morning he decided to stay behind and get some rest.

"Girl don't say that. Did you see his homeboy? He was fine as fuck."

"Please don't tell me you're talking about that drunk ass nigga who grabbed my arm when we walked in the club." I roll my eyes at her. "Your taste is very.. questionable."

"Bitch I have good taste, I just like my niggas a lil' rough around the edges!" She waves me off. "But no! He was cute and everything but I can't stand no nigga that can't handle his liquor. That shit is an immediate turn off for me. There was another one getting in the car with him before we pulled off. And that muthafucka' was fine!"

"Wait I'm confused.. didn't you and Trent just get back together or was I seeing shit?"

Milan and Trent have been off and on, hot and cold since our junior year of high school. It's like he wants all the benefits of having Mil as his girlfriend without actually having her as his girl. In a way, twenty thousand dollar shopping sprees and trips around the globe had my girl stuck in a chokehold because no matter how sick of his shit she got, she would never really leave him alone. Even when she did her own dirt on the side.

I've literally known Milan my entire life. Our dad's came up together in New York and they were like brothers. Our moms met through their men and they were pretty tight too. We've lived down the street from each other, attended the same schools and all. Me and this bitch were inseparable, and blood couldn't make us any closer. Although we weren't actually related we were raised as cousins but I considered her more like a sister than anything.