• Chapter Six

Chapter Six

"Diced Pineapples"

'God blessin all the trap niggas'
— Future

« Amir »

"Omar's stake in the shipyard went up for sale today." Sean, me and Shi's lawyer tells us as we sit across from his large wooden desk. "He's been gone for over a month and since there's some strange circumstances regarding his disappearance, his wife isn't able to cash out on his insurance policy and he owes a lot of people. The streets are talking."

Shi looked over at me with the corner of his mouth curled into a smirk. Just as we planned.

"What's the asking price?" I ask Sean, wanting to get straight down to business.

"Forty straight for twenty percent ownership, y'all could probably swing thirty-five if y'all pay cash." He explains. "Half of that goes to his wife and the other half goes to the board, which y'all three would sit on. Assuming Khalil takes part in this deal also."

"Yeah fasho." Shi says, nodding his head. "I'm not even gon' hold you G, forty mil is a lot. Even for the three of us."

"I agree that it's steep." Sean starts. "But you have to remember this port is bringing in over eight figures a month."

This is why I like this nigga, he always sees the bigger picture.

Sean is a 29-year-old defense attorney who we were keeping on retainer in case one of us got jammed up. This nigga's track record speaks for itself, he's a beast in the courtroom. But he's also educated in other shit too, like the business and real estate side of law so we just recently brought him in on that too. We ain't tell him everything but he knows what he needs to and he still gets the job done. Whatever it is.

"We'll get it." I speak up without hesitation, knowing how much we needed this for our business to go to the next level. "Give us a couple of days to liquidate some of our assets then we'll talk."

"Sounds like a plan." Sean nods. "In the meantime I'll keep watch on any other offers they receive and keep you guys updated."

"Cool." I respond back, while Shi was still looking at me wondering where the fuck we were going to get forty million clean dollars from.

I just nodded my head towards the door and we both got up and dapped up Sean before leaving his office.

▴ ▴ ▴

"Nigga where the fuck we supposed to get that kinda' money from?" Shi asks me as we step off the elevator and into the parking garage.

"Nigga I got an idea but I'm not 'bout to discuss it here." I tell him in a more than obvious tone. "Let's meet at the spot later on that way we can put Khalil up on game too."

Reluctantly, Shi agreed with my plan before he left. That mu'fucka always been impatient. Since we were kids.

Popping the locks on my Rolls Royce truck, I hopped inside and started the engine. NoCap's latest album resumed playing on my Bluetooth as I fished my phone out of my pocket to let Kauner know I was on my way.