• Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

"Family > Everything"

'Nobody wins when the family feuds'
Part II

« Amir »

"Goddamn. This bigger than Drake shit.." Shi mumbles as we walk up to the front door of Kauner's Parents' crib and ring the doorbell.

This was a mu'fuckin' palace and it was the bigger than all the other cribs we passed in the gated community. It was situated at the top of the hill, kinda' like it was lettin' the rest of these mu'fuckas know that they weren't even comin close.

I almost thought we had the wrong address until I saw Kauner's G-Wagon parked at the head of the large motor court, along with Milan's BMW.

Kauner hit my line right after that shit went down at Milan's shop and instead of waiting for me and Shi to pull up there, she told us to slide to her parents' crib since she had to wait for the rest of her people to arrive anyway.

"Amir?" Kauner's mom opens the front door, looking at me and Shi like her eyes were playing tricks on her. "Hey. What are you doing here? Kauner's not here."

"She told me to meet her here and her car is out here soooo.."

"I'm sorry, there's so much going on in here that I can't even keep up with my own children. Please come in." She massages her temple as she opened the door some more and stepped to the side so we could come in. "I'm assuming you're Amir's cousin, correct? I'm Kendra, Kauner's mom."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Asshir." Shi said, shaking her hand as she closed the large wrought iron and glass front door.

I can definitely see why you would lose track of a kid or two in this mu'fucka. It looked like a museum with white marble floors, forty-foot high ceilings and a big ass crystal chandelier hanging in the foyer. It was a crew of older women dressed in their housekeeping uniforms dusting everything from the portraits on the wall to the baseboards.

"Jeanette, could you go upstairs and see if Kauner is up in her old bedroom. If so could you let her know that Amir and his cousin have arrived."

The older lady nodded her head and said yes ma'am before trudging up the grand spiral staircase in search of Kauner.

"It's so nice to see you again Amir, I heard that you accepted our invitation to dinner tomorrow. We are pleased to have you." She said, flashing me a smile as she squeezed my arm a little bit. "Asshir you are more than welcome to join us also, we have enough room and plenty of food to go around."

"I appreciate that Mrs. Wright, truly. Thank you." Shi answers.

"Save the formalities please, Mrs. Wright is my mother-in-law, call me Kendra. Please." She retorts. "Can I get anything for the two of you? Water? Lemonade?"

"I'll take some lemonade please."

"Okay, I'll have someone bring it out to you in a sec. You two can wait in the sitting room. I'm sure Kauner will be down in a sec."

"A'ight. Thank you." I tell her as she sashayed out of the foyer wearing her black pantsuit with the matching Louboutin heels.