• Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

"The Matrimony"

'Baby I been making plans for you' Wale x Usher

« Amir »

5:26 p.m. | One hour before thanksgiving dinner

"What are you doing here?" Kauner asks me, stopping dead in her tracks as I walked through the front door of her condo.

"Uh, I thought we should talk." I tell her as I close the door and lock it behind me. "If I'm bein' honest, I ain't like the way shit went down between us yesterday."

My guilty conscience had me all types of fucked up, why did I do that? I love this woman on a different level and before last night I couldn't even imagine hurting her. I know Kauner like the back of my hand and if I tell her what I did then I know there's no bouncin back from that.

"I didn't like it either.." She said, sitting her black Lady Dior bag on top of the kitchen island. I had caught her just in time because it looks like she was about to head out the door to her parents' crib for thanksgiving dinner. "I felt like you weren't trying to see my side of things, my delivery could've been a little better but can you blame me?"

"Nah Ion' blame you. And I do see ya' side of things, just know that I got the message loud and clear."

"What message is that?" She asks.

"That I fucked up." In more ways than a couple, I wanted to admit but didn't. "You don't ever have to worry about that lil' problem again, it's taken care of. I promise."

I thought long and hard about the shit that happened between me and Sasha last night, I got caught up in all of the history we shared but I knew for a fact that I wasn't tryna go down that road again. The only way I knew I could keep her outta' my relationship and away from my girl was to pay her to get outta' the A for good.

"And what about your mom? If she's going to have a problem with m—.."

"My mama will survive.. you're my girl and I love you. Anybody that gotta' problem wit'chu has a problem wit me, we locked in. Just tell me you forgive me."

"You know I forgive you with your big head ass." She rolls her eyes, trying her hardest to contain that smile as I brushed up against the side of her. "I don't like it when we fight 'Mir."

"Ion' like it either but a lot of our fights could be easily solved if you do somethin about that smart ass mouth of yours." I chuckle, lifting her up and sitting her on top of the counter. She wrapped her legs around my waist and threw her arms around my neck. "Why you lookin at me like that, huh?"

"Because I'm in love with you.. even when you piss me off I can't stop thinking about you. I can't escape you. And I don't want to." She had a lil twinkle in her eye when she said that too, I knew she meant it. The little voice in my head was telling me that I ain't deserve this because of my most recent fuck up.

"How do I say I'm in love wit'chu in French?"

"Je suis amoureux de toi." She whispers, in a seductive-like tone. "Now you try."