• Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

"Always n Forever"

'Can i show my love for you?' — Yebba's Heartbreak

« Kauner »

— 7 Months Later —

November 11

"It's been almost three weeks since Sincere Townsend was found hanging in his cell only a months and a half after being convicted of the sexual assault on his ex-girlfriend, Kauner Wright. Daughter of Biotech Pharmaceutical billionaire, Gabriel Wright. The 23-year-old former shooting guard for the Philadelphia 76ers was serving a twelve year sentence in a maximum security West Georgia prison."

I jumped at the sound of my phone chiming. That had to be either Kyran or Milan texting me for the hundredth time in the last twenty minutes. Looking at the time on my frosted AP watch, I said a string of curse words under my breath when I realized it was already 9 o'clock. I was supposed to be leaving my house fifteen minutes ago but per usual, I'm running on CP time.

Grabbing the remote I turned off the TV in my beauty room before getting up from the vanity station. Twenty-three looks good on you. I think to myself. To say that I'm feeling myself would be an understatement, this is the first time I'm popping out since me and Sincere's case went public so you already know what type of time I'm on.

I was sporting the black Mulwala embellished mini-dress from the brand Zhivago. Topped off with a pair of gold Jessica Rich ankle strap sandals. On God a bitch couldn't play with me if she wanted to.

As soon as everybody found out about the incident with Sincere, I went into hiding. At first I was embarrassed, I couldn't even get out of bed for the first few months. I was at my lowest point and I had never experienced no shit like that in all my twenty-two years of living.

I filed a police report that same night, Sincere was arrested as soon as he stepped off of the plane at JFK. With his sick ass. I felt so violated and nasty. It took me months to stop flinching whenever somebody would try to touch me. I'm not going to hold y'all, that shit broke my heart and my spirit. I started seeing a therapist just to sort through all the trauma that situation brought me.

Before it happened to me, I didn't know how many men and women rape affected on the daily. I had the luxury of taking seven months off to deal with my feeling while a lot of other people didn't get to do that. They have to carry that pain around with them everyday. That's exactly why I'm in the process of building my own charitable organization for the victims of sexual assault.

That's a story for another time though, I'm about to fuck around and be late for my own birthday dinner.

I quickly sprayed myself with some Woman in Gold by KILIAN before grabbing my black Bottega Veneta chain cassette purse and turning off everything in the room. I was heading towards the front door of my condo when my phone started going off again. This time it was a phone call.

It was Milan.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Bitch! Where are you? Everybody's waiting for you." She yelled over what sounded like a crowd of people.