• Chapter Three

Chapter Three

"Forbidden fruit"

Kauner

A few hours later...

"I appreciate you.." Amir says, grabbing my hand as he helped me out of the car. "For spending the day wit' me, and paying for dinner. Even though it was supposed to be on me."

"I think you've done enough already." I retort, referring to the eighteen hundred dollar Fendi Viscose dress I was wearing. "It was the least I could do."

"Yeah well, next time leave your wallet at home and let me treat you." He bites his bottom lip, staring at me.

He was looking so good in his white Comme Des Garçons tee, light wash Gucci jeans that had rips at the knees and white Air Force Ones. Plus he was wearing that cologne that I smelled on him last night and that shit had me in a trance.

"Next time?" I ask him, tilting my head to the side. "Not you assuming that I'm going to let you take me out again."

"You will." He says confidently, flashing me a smile. "Matter of a fact, what you doing tomorrow?"

Oh this nigga applying pressure for real.

"I'm catching a flight back to Atlanta in the morning. Why?" I question.

"I gotta' fly to LA at eight tomorrow morning, check on some business. Why don't you come with me?"

"W-What?" I stumble over my word, trying to make sure I heard him correctly. "You can not be serious."

"Why not?"

"I don't know, because we just met?!" I say in a more than obvious sarcastic tone. "Nigga are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah I'm straight." He chuckles, sounding sexy as hell as comes closer to me. Grabbing my hand. "Real shit, I like spending time wit'chu and I'm not ready for it to be over. What difference do it make if it's here, LA or Atlanta?"

"I like spending time with you too.." I admit, against my better judgement. "But LA? I don't know Amir.. I already broke one of my rules by linking with you today."

"Break some more." He says, staring into my eyes with a big ass grin on his face. We were so close that I could smell the traces of spearmint gum on his breath.

What is this nigga doing to me? I ask myself, wanting to give into temptation and see what his lips would feel like against mine. I pride myself on being hard to get but something about him makes me forget to practice everything I preach. Shit, it's barely been twenty-four hours that we've known each other.

"Amir you are not ready for me." I warn him as I come to my senses, returning his stare. "Trust me."

"How you gon' tell me what I'm ready for?" He fires back. "I'm wit' whatever."

"Mmm. I bet you are."

"I'll give you til' the morning to make ya' mind up." He tells me, breaking the sexual tension between us and taking a step back. "But I get it if you ain't tryna' do allat' right now, I can't even fault you. Just know that if you do decide to come, I'm not expectin' nothin' from you. Like I told you before, Ion have no hidden agenda or no shit like that. I enjoy ya' company."