• Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

"Niggaz in Quarantine // PLAYBOY"

New York City
June 17, 3 months into the pandemic known as COVID-19
10 months earlier...

"Bae! BAE! You're always on my mind, when you come around I get shy, when I see you, when I see you.."

Kauner rolled her eyes at the sound of Sincere singing to her from the ensuite bathroom in their master bedroom. She couldn't stand him, especially after being stuck in quarantine with his ass for four months. She could see that he was trying to repair all the damage that he had done to their relationship over the years but she had already mentally checked out.

A part of her felt guilty for not being in love with him anymore. But then again, she wasn't sure that she ever was. She had known Sin since she was 14, but they didn't start dating until she was 17. And it was toxic from the start.

Sin was insecure, and controlling. He loved the idea of having Kauner as his girl because he knew a lot of other niggas wanted her too, but he also hated the fact that other niggas wanted her. He always found a way to blame her for that.

From the outside looking in, you would think they were in love. It had been three years since Sin was drafted into the NBA and Kauner was killing it as a social media influencer and even though she didn't need him to, he spoiled her. With everything that a bad bitch could want. From the most expensive Birkin bags to a brand new Mercedes truck. Everybody on social media dubbed them as "Goals".

"Where you 'bout to go that you gotta' put on makeup?" Sincere asks Kauner as he leaned against the threshold of the large master bathroom, watching her like a hawk as she sat at her vanity.

"I told you I was going to meet Milan and Kyran, they're flying back to Atlanta in the morning." She told him, already knowing that he wasn't going to leave it at that. "Is that going to be a problem?"

"No, not if you wipe that shit off your face. Who else gon' be there? 'Cause obviously you tryna' look good for somebody."

"You sound stupid." She waves him off, continuing to apply her foundation.

"I sound stupid because I'm asking you a simple question? Yeah okay, I bet'chu gon' wear one of them lil' ass dresses you just bought too ain't you? How you think that shit makes me look when you go out lookin' like a hoe? You think that's what kinda' wife I want?"

Instead of engaging in an argument with him, she ignored him and continued doing her makeup. He did this every time she got ready to go out, which was once in a blue moon. All of her closest friends except one lived in Atlanta, Amiyah had moved to New York a few months after Kauner and Sincere.

Between Covid and New York going on lockdown, they would just mainly hang out at the Manhattan penthouse that Sin bought for him and Kauner. Lately Amiyah had been acting weird though, Kauner wasn't pressed because she knew Amiyah would tell her about whatever it was sooner or later. They were tight like that.

"Yeah ignore me. That's real fuckin' mature Kauner."

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY?!" She snapped at him. "Get the fuck out of my face being stupid, talking about what kind of wife you want. Nigga you're not even husband material. GET THE FUCK OUT!"