Sterling pov

Hannah B and Blair. Unexpected yet cute. I didn't spend much time obsessing over it. There were bigger things that needed to be dealt with. I wondered if April had spoken to her dad yet, I really hoped they sorted everything out (for April's sake).

I had an urge to stand up, walk over to April and kiss her. But it wasn't the right time to. She was clearly thinking about something important, before she turned around she had a concentrated look on her face.

Why was there still so much awkwardness between us.

April looked kinda sad so I asked her if she wanted to listen to some music with me. I was actually really surprised when she took the headphone from my hand and put it in her ear. I didn't even realize April had moved closer to me, I was busy trying to pick a playlist.

"Is this my playlist" she asked. I think my soul left my body for a second. I mumbled something back.

I put my hand in-between us. My heart was racing. It wasn't long before her hand was on top of mine. She kept it like that before interlocking our fingers. I closed my eyes. Slow burn started playing. I always thought of it as our song.

I wasn't sure how to answer her question. I constantly thought about this thing that was going on between us. I didn't know how to define it.