Narrator

Both girls lay on their beds Sterling staring up at the ceiling and April facing the wall. April longed to be able to kiss Sterling. To be held by her from when the sun sets to when it rises.

Sterling had her headphones in, she was listening to April's playlist. She too had a desire to kiss April, to hold her, to be with her. Sterling looked at April she wondered whether or not she should offer her one of the headphones. "Hey April" Sterling said taking out one of her headphones so she could hear April's answer. "Yeah" April replied turning around to face Sterling. "Do you maybe want to listen to some music?" Sterling nervously asked. Before April had a chance to say anything Sterling carried on talking. "It's okay if you don't want I was just offering since you. Never mind" Sterling stuttered. April smiled trying her best to hide it from Sterling. She took the headphone from Sterling's hand and put it in her ear, she scooted over so the headphone don't stretch.

April closed her eyes she listened as the songs changed, she looked up surprised. "Is this my playlist?" She asked. "Yeah. Yeah it is, I kinda forgot about it since I haven't listened to it since... You know" she was lying, she listened to it everyday, since the encounter between the two of them in the back of Sterlings car. "Well I should probably update it" April said chuckling.

Sterling placed her hand next to Aprils. April hesitated before placing her hand on top of Sterlings. She kept it like that for a while before interlocking them. April saw Sterling smile, everything was going smoothly until 'slow burn' started playing. They both knew it was their song. It played when they'd kissed in the back of Sterlings car and it played when April broke Sterlings heart.

"What is this" April couldn't stop the words from coming out of her mouth. Sterling looked at April confused "what do you mean?" April sighed. "What is this thing between us?" She asked. "Oh, um I... I'm not sure." "What do you want it to be?" Sterling carried on.