April pov

Shocked filled my dad's face, it looked as if you just told him that his favourite golf player lost the championship. I couldn't take back what I'd just said. This could be the moment where my life officially becomes completely and utter shit. And that's exactly what happened. "I need to be alone" his face was red and his facial expression disappointing.

I walked to the closest park that wasn't on campus. I sat on a bench by the stream. The leaves angrily rustling in the wind, the water rushing down stream, the birds chirping, the distant screams of kids playing. These were surprisingly the things which comforted me the most. I didn't want to talk to anyone, especially not Sterling.

I started walking. I walked for hours just thinking about everything. I still hadn't heard from my dad. My hands were stinging from the cold autumn air. I pulled my phone out and messaged Sterling.

I stood there in our dorm tears streaming down my face, my arms wrapped around Sterlings waist. I wanted it to last forever. For a split second I forgot about everything but only for a split second. I let go pushed past her and sat on my bed. I kept checking my phone hoping a message from my dad would appear but one never did.

I shot a look over to Sterling. She signalled to sit next to her, I hesitated but I couldn't say no to watching Zootopia.

We were half way through the film and Sterling had fallen asleep. I closed my eyes, and gently leaned on Sterling hoping she wouldn't wake up.