Sterling pov

April didn't show you to any classes that day. I failed the pop quiz that I tried studying for. I messaged April multiple times, but received no reply.

I was starting to get worried by lunch. Still no sign of life from April. Since college begun I started over thinking everything. My mind went to place I didn't want it to go to.

It was 8pm when April finally messaged me back. She asked if I was in our dorm. I wanted to be angry at her but the second she walked through the door I could sense something was off. She closed the door and burst out crying. I immediately stood up "April can I hug you" I asked hoping it didn't sound too intrusive. She sniffed and nodded.

I wrapped my arms around her. I didn't know what happened but it had to have been bad. She put her arms around my waist. I couldn't believe how natural it felt. We stayed like that for a while. She was the first to let go, she rubbed her thumb on my cheek before pushing past me and laying down on her bed.

"Are you okay?" I asked. "I don't want to talk about it" she sniffed. I grabbed my laptop and put on Zootopia (her favourite film). April shot me a look. I signalled to her to sit down next to me, hesitantly she got up and sat next to me.

We watched the film without saying anything. I guess we fell asleep and when I woke up her head was resting on my shoulder. I didn't want to wake her, I made sure my alarm was set for the next day and went back to sleep