Chapter 62: Never Let Fear Decide Your Fate

Everything sounded oddly quiet and secluded, no insects chirping, no water gurgling. The eerie silence amplified the ringing of her ears and the hard ground beneath only worsened the soreness and frailty of her body. The familiar coldness and damp washed over her before she finally fluttered her dark lashes and opened her eyes to a mild light. She pushed herself of the ground so slightly and glance around, taking in her surroundings for the first time since she passed out.

Where was she again? She wondered.

She was surrounded by darkness and shadow in every direction she looked. 

Oh. The East Forest. That was right. The realization hit her like a flash. But, what happened?

Exerting herself, she sat down, leaning her body against the tree behind her as to bring solace to her trembling legs, and looked around, but saw nothing beside tall trees, plentiful bushes scatered around and very thick mist setting the mood. Her mind was still hazy when it come to what happened earlier but, if she remembered right she was with Liz not so long ago. Where was she?

She forced herself onto two feet and start out her search for Liz."Hello?" Her voice alone echoed in the vast depths of the forest."Hello? Liz? Are you there?" 

For several seconds, Aurora waited and listened in silence. No answer whatsoever.

Defeated and unable, she retreated a few setps and leaned herself back onto the tree, her back sliding down its trunk slower than snail. Feeling miserable, she hugged her legs tight to her chest and buried her face onto her lap. "It's useless." Tears stung her eyes, and she bit her lower lip to prevent it from quivering. "I'm never going to find her or even get out of here on my own." 

Then, out of nowhere, a firm, vigorous voice called her name, "Aurora."  It came incredibly close which make her jump in fright and raise her head to see who it was.

Hugo, the Dragon of Time, landed in front of her just as a fierce dragon devastating a rich and wealthy country, and a promise to save the princess hoovering in the air brought by the warmth of its flames.

Her general expression was one of concentrated attention, and her face wore a strained look as if that was all about it. She was covered with dirt - her hair was matted with mud and moss, and her uniform was crumpled and packed up in soil remains.

"What are you doing, child?" He asked.

"What do you mean? I just woke up here." She said, "No one's here beside me. I'm alone. Nothing has changed so, just let me be please..." and returned to her shell state, with apparently no care in the world or a need.

"I see... You have given up. Was that all I taught you? To hide when things get bad?" The puissance in his words surprised her with its intensity. Hugo looked mad enough to take a swing at her.

She shook her head a refused that to be her reality, "N-No, that's not--"

"Then, why won't you wake up already?" He kept asking her."Make an effort, silly little human! Your so-called friends are out there, giving their all, and you're here doing nothing." and pointed out. "Or are you going to keep sitting there feeling nothing but sorry for yourself?"

"I-I don't know! I just might!" Such a powerful shout came so deep within her core, that she didn't even know she had it in her until she heard it. Stilling her mind, she calmed herself. "Please don't scold me when I have no control over it."  She didn't have the answers he sought, although, she was trying really hard."I'm at loss here... What should I do, Hugo? Please, tell me--!"