Chapter 7: The Dreamscope

After splitting ways with Amelia and Louise, the remaining girls headed to their classroom. The door was open and, the sound coming from inside was very lively. The room was filling quite promptly; more students came in every second. The atmosphere was the same as that of all other schools. A few lonely souls were sitting down in their desks minding their own business, while the others were up, chatting happily with one another.

So this is it... Aurora gulped down as her nerves started to tingle. It was her very first day at the Gedonelune Royal Magic Academy so obviously, she was a bit nervous. She couldn't help but to consider every possible scenario. Would she make a first good impression? Would everyone just stare at her? Judged her persona for her background or her untamed magic skills without even bother to know her? Was she meant to become an outcast? All those questions... She was afraid. The expectations were high and, she didn't know if she was up to them.

"--You coming?" Liz asked already inside.

Her eyes scanned the classroom once more. Nobody seemed to care that she was unfamiliar. Nobody seemed to care that she was unusual. Nobody seemed to even notice her. Aurora had to take a glance down to make sure she was still there; that she hadn't turned invisible.

Liz instantly turned back and reached out to Aurora's pending hand. Then, she gently cupped her hand in hers and tried to muster the most reassuring smile she could."Hey-Hey... everything is going to be just fine. Don't be nervous, I'm here with you." She said, barely audible.

Aurora nodded, a lone tear trying to escape by the corner of her eye.

Liz gave her friend's hand a small pat and sighed distraught with her helplessness."Come! I'll introduce you to my friends! At least, It's a start." 

***

Firstly, she introduced her to Elias Goldstein, a blond-gold haired guy with amethyst eyes and a peach complexion. He was brother to Klaus Goldstein, the Academy's Perfect, and another guy named Alfonse, also Goldstein. He seemed a bit uptight and unfriendly but, cordial nevertheless.

Secondly, Aurora made acquaintances with a quiet and unexpressive gut named Yukiya Reizen. He surely was a man of few words, always oblivious to what surrounded him, seemingly lost in his own thoughts the majority of the time. He sat right behind Liz at the window line-up.

At last but not the least, Luca Orlem entered the picture. He was the obnoxious-flirt type, a real troublemaker, and a prankster on top. He had a carefree and flamboyant spirit and rarely attended classes. Despite all that, he was a very skilled wizard. Sadly, he was in constant conflict with Elias.

***

"What a pretty sight you are." Luca cajoled as he raised Aurora's chin in his direction."Do you already have a buddy... or rather, a boyfriend?" He took her hand in his and briefly brushed his lips onto her knuckles.

Flustered, Aurora's mouth hung open, not sure what to say to that. "Uhm..."

"Knock it off, Luca." Elias rolled his in annoyance.

"No, let her answer. I want to know if I have a shot this time around." He drew closer to her, their noses brushed so slightly.

Luca's straightforwardness almost made Aurora's eyes pop out of its cavity. He was a kiss away from her; she gaped openly as she observed his sharp, flawless features. Ivory skin. Green-tinted hair. Rosewood lips. And emerald eyes, eyes that displayed such sadness and a great desire to connect.