Chapter 50: I'll keep you safe, I promise

Not longer than a minute, the sound of quick footsteps of someone going down the stairs resonated in the room. It grew louder as it approached her location behind the table. Therefore, a rather familiar voice calling her name made her sluggishly turn her head the other way around. She flashed a smile the moment she recognized who it was."Ran... olph..." She bit her lips to keep them from quivering and blinked her eyes to get rid of the blur. She slowly tried to sit up, her head shook violently for a moment and she reflexively placed a hand to her forehead.

"Aurora-- Don't push yourself," He reached out to her body laying on the floor, and gently slip one hand between her shoulder blades and another under her knees, clasping onto her upper arm and supporting her leg's weight, thus effortlessly lifting her body up.

"Why... why are you here?"

"A little bird told me you were in need of assistence." He uttered very softly to her, "So, I came as fast as I could." His smile seemed more designed to give Aurora comfort than a display of how he truly felt. Randolph carefully adjusted her in his arms, "Let's get out of here, shall we?" and spun around, slowly heading out of the room.

She fiercely gripped onto his jacket's flaps and called his name weakly, forcing him to a halt. He looked down at her face and saw a single tear strolling down her cheek; her voice immediately broke into several hiccups and sobbings, her whole body seemed to shake and her shoulders were shrivelled forward, a heartbreaking sight that completely destroyed him from inside out.

The tears in her eyes got out of control, like a speeding car skidding on the highway and crashing onto to the side railings. Like a little kid, she buried her face onto his chest and hid away from his intent gaze. The freshly scent of his cologne rushed into her nostrils, making her muscles gradually relax. "I'm... sorry..." Her murmur came out muffled; at that moment she didn't felt helpless yet in turn, was especially disconcerted for being naive again.

For a short period of time, he buried his nose onto her scalp and breathed in her strawberry-scented hair, prior to finally kissing her forehead in a reassuring gesture. "Shhh-- it's okay. Everything is going to be just fine." Seeking the comfort of his own, he hauled her close to him and tightened his grip onto her body, "You're safe now. He's not going to hurt you anymore, I'm not letting that happen ever again."

She nodded in acknowledgment of his words. She nuzzled onto his clothes, hovering at the edge of consciousness and unconsciousness. Being exhausted by the stressful situation, she quickly drifted to sleep in his embrace.

With a long sigh and a heavy heart guiding him, he finally resumed his walking.

"Headmaster," A male voice called from atop of the stairs and asked for instructions; the female companion standing next to him, remained silent. "That was quite the strong spell. What should we do with him?"

He walked past the two, stopping only by the doorway; he made no eye contact with either. "Our usual procedure. Summon the cleaning department and bring him to the detention chambers, even if you have to drag him along the academy halls. Once your done with that, go get Vincent to help with the interrogation, he should be nearby since he's been investigating the recent incidents on the Ministry's behalf. And, Klaus--"

He straightened up his shoulders and his eyes meet Randolph's angered gaze, "Yes?" yet, his voice didn't dither.

"Don't do anything before I get there, I wish to have a chat him first." He added.

"Of course, Headmaster. Considered it done." He reassured, sapping the ire and replacing it with peace; the headmaster left shortly after. With a snap of his fingers a crew of white-clothed men with pale skin, silver fox hair, and black dull eyes conveniently hidden by their caps silently marched into the room; for precaution, they cuffed professor Merkulova's hands behind his back and, holding him by the armpits, they easily lifted him off the ground and promptly dragged him across the ground floor and up the stairs to the upper floor. The constant thuds of his buckled shoes against the wodden steps echoed loudly throughout the room.