Chapter 4: The Dorm

"Here we are," Prefect  Klaus announced."The girl's dorm, right next to the boy's. Please, refrain yourself from trouble. I won't take any pleasure bringing you to the headmaster's office for the wrong reasons."

At Aurora's right stood along in structure building, it seemed to be the same one the acceptance letter mentioned. Wow, even the dormitory is super fancy here..."Thank you for escorting me back, Perfect Klaus. And, right before sunset!"

"Your welcome." He replied rather expressionless."We must part ways here. I have a lot of paperwork to sort out still." Klaus roughly rubbed his temples; it sure seemed that those papers were a real pain in the ass to deal with. With great power comes great responsibilities. That very thought hovered in her mind but, she didn't dare to say it out loud.

She whirled to face him, moving too slow to hide the suitcase behind her legs."Then you should get going, it's getting late."

He nodded in agreement; another late evening was out of the question."It was nice to make your acquaintance, Aurora Coeur."

"Likewise."

"See you around." He spun around walked away without another word; she waved once at his back and watched his figure disappear in the distance, back to the academy. Aurora couldn't stand his superiority behavior but had to admit that he seemed to be always correct in his remarks. Despite his stern expression and mean demeanor most of the time, I think he has a good heart. Or else his buddy wouldn't have put up with him all this time. What is up with that?

The dormitory was rather simple in style; it was basically all plaster and red bricks. What gave it life was the small, well-tended garden adorned on each side and the rose wall which stood between both dormitories. 

«Curiosity killed the cat, it's a popular phrase that many would say. But, what really made people wanting to reach something that was forbidden or rather yet, not permitted to them? Curiosity? Rebellion? Not taking a no for an answer? Who knows?»

She tried to peek through the wall, even tiptoed a bit and yet, it was way too high and thick, little was she able to discern from the other side. It all seemed pretty much the same."W-Well, nothing to see there, I guess. Let's go then." She shrugged and walked away, her mind now set to go to the front door. As she passed under the porch, a four-legged fury-friend caught her attention, rather two to be precise. The Siamese cats in the baluster peered down at Aurora critically, apparently hiding from the lights of several scattered windows; silence reigned the place. Their piercing tanzanite-blue eyes, aligned side-by-side in a perfectly straight line, forced an uncomfortable chill run down her spine and she wished to move. Anyone in her situation would expect some kind of aggressive meow or hiss but, none came out from their little mouths; all they did was remaining motionless on the spot, as if in a staring-contest. Aurora felt anxious under their intent stare. She was definitely not a cat's person nor did she wish them any harm, it just so happen that they creep her out. But anyway, not wanting to get on their bad side, she sprinted to the front door and dare not to look back. She hid in between the door jambs and tried not to be seen."Are--Are they still there... those little demons?!" She took a hand to her chest, hasty heartbeat and short in-breaths; she hadn't sprinted that fast and it had only been a short distance but still, some difficulties were being felt. She allowed a whole minute to pass before peeking through to see if the coast was clear."Uh--I don't see those two anymore... Where are they?" She mumbled to herself while quickly scanning the area. After a few minutes of zero findings, the stress finally sank and she was about to lean back relieved when the steady support from that once closed-door failed to provide and she fell flat on her ass."Ugh--"