Chapter 26: History of Wizardry

She opened her eyes to find his concerned face over her."Miss Coeur, are you alright?"  

His presence confused her."R-Randolph...?" Her whisper was thankfully too quiet for the class to hear, or she would have put him in serious trouble. As soon as the words were out, she was furious with herself - Darn it - She cursed at herself for the impulsiveness. Soft whispers danced around her ears. She sneaked a peek at the class, noticing that all eyes were now on her. She felt so awkward to have attracted everyone's attention just like that. What embarrassing... When her gaze came back to Randolph, he was watching her. His eyes did a slow, dangerous sweep of her and, his adam's apple seemed to be flying up and down like a yo-yo. 

That stance-pose stunned him into a stupor. Her skirt lifted out so slightly, revealing her long graceful legs. Not that it was his intention at first but, his eyes leisurely trailed them up, and almost instantly, he noticed the roundness of her bottom through the short fabric. His breath shortened so abruptly. His heart drummed almost painfully inside his chest. And, his mouth went parched. Suddenly, the classroom seemed too small for the both of them. She shouldn't have looked sexy with the school uniform but, she did, and the sight of her hit him like one hundred volts. He wondered how it would feel to run his hands over that bare flesh, where it would get him if he had those legs wrapped around his waist, and what it would happen if he were bound to have her again in his bed tonight... He roughly bit his lower lip trying to send those thoughts away. What was he doing? Where was his self-control? The composure he always showed? It was her uniform that was triggering him. Ashamed that he could be having those thoughts about her, he considered that others might as well. So, he was quick to make a mental note to himself: the dress code should be reviewed rather sooner than later. 

"H-Headmaster Randolph..." She called out, obviously flustered under his gaze, "What are you doing here?"  and, tried to change the focus, to escape that uncomfortable feeling"I-I thought... err... w-wasn't... wasn't the first hour supposed to be Professor Schuyler's class?"

He regained his composure, leveled his eyes on the girl, and said, "As I was saying earlier,Professor Schuyler had to attend to some urgent matters," adding "So, I filled in."

"I-I see..." She muttered while getting back to her feet; she brushed the dust off her skirt, squared her shoulders, and turned to face him.

Randolph cleared his throat. "Now, If you kindly close the door, we can begin our lecture as scheduled--" And, as expected, the bell struck, very loudly."Oh. There it is." he said, not surprised."Please, take a sit."

Aurora nodded in agreement and crouched down to pick up her belongings. Elina, who has been hoovering her back this whole time, got the hint and immediately jumped inside her leather suitcase. She closed the door behind her quietly and hurried on to her seat.

"Let's begin." He said loud and clear for the whole class to hear."Today's lesson has to do with the history of Gedonelune. I assume that all of you know how Gedonelune was formed? That it began with an uncultivated land, which had hidden yet strong magical power, and evolved to the kingdom we see nowadays. The First King, Siegfried, was led by the Dragon of Time himself, Hugo, who now rests in stone in one of the chambers to the the 'Tower of Sorrow' called mausoleum, built after in his honor under the order of the FirstKing. The tower is protected by The Three Mages until this very day." He made a short introduction.