Chapter 58: I wish I could just stay by your side

Randolph was watching Aurora with passion... with lust... with so much love. She slept soundlessly crawled up in his chest; her thorax heaved up and down rhythmically, her long dark lashes were closed, twitching from time to time, and her lips slightly parted. 

He smoothed her hair from her face and rested his hand against the soft skin of her half exposed thigh, admiring her features. The innocence showed on her sleeping face, the seemingly peaceful and serene dreams blocking out the dangers of the outside, made him somehow relax. 

She was laying next to him, and he was wide awake, wondering what he did to deserve that moment - to deserve her. And, while she was in his arms, resting and breathing easily, all he could think about was that she was going to be miles away from his grasp.

She was so close to him that he could breathe in her strawberry-mint scent. He sighed and raked a hand through his hair. "You make this way harder than it already is, sunshine. What am I going to do?" He thought to himself as their lovemaking came to memory. His heart fought tooth and nail with his mind. His decision of sending her home no longer seemed to make sense.

How was he going to stay away from her? Every time he would look at her, he'd feel at home. It was her. She meant everything to him. She was the very first thought in the morning, and the last one before make ends meet. Nothing was worse than being without her - than not being able to meet her every day or holding her and kissing her lips. She had given him his missing piece, with her, his soul felt complete.

He brushed off that thought for the time being. Then, bent down, his lips against her forehead, brushing it lightly and planting a small kiss on her skin.

The girl stirred up in his embrace with the sudden gesture."Hm..." As she flapped her eyelashes and opened her eyes, Randolph's face came into focus. She met his gaze and her eyes warmed, her lips giving in to a smile. "Hey..." 

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" He spoke softly in a voice that was a little more than a whisper.

Aurora snuggled close to his chest, "No, it's fine. I had to wake up either way." the young girl wanted nothing more than to lay down and be enveloped by the warmth of silence but, she knew that was something she couldn't do. Still, she allowed herself a few more minutes in his warmth before getting up and leaving his bed for a very long time."Your heart is racing," At last, she noted and propped her chin on his chest to look at him."For a change, it isn't mine."

She noticed his eyebrows lower as he smiled. He chuckled as he reached for her hand, "You have that kind of effect on me." confessed, bringing it to his lips and planting a long kiss over her knuckles."What do you say if we go through all that again? I would love for a second round."

Her cheeks flamed up, and she blushed bright red. He seemed to be enjoying himself, tho.

"It was very pleasurable. So, why being flustered?" He teased, trying to lighten the mood."It's a good thing, it just means I liked it enough to give it one more go."

"S-Stop it... it's embarrassing as it is!" She tried to push him away. At this rate, she wouldn't be able to keep her own heart in check.

He reached out, his hand touched the side of her face in a warm caress, his fingers finally cupping her chin and lifting it. "I'll miss you."  His voice was so deep and tender.

"Will you come to say goodbye tomorrow?" She asked hopefully.

His hand dropped down to her neck and his smile faded faster than a twinkie at a weight watchers meeting. "Aurora..."

"Please--! I won't be able to go if I can't say goodbye to you!" she insisted, still hoping to get a different answer.

Once again, he sighed deeply. Randolph leaned forward and captured her lips in an intense but brief kiss. "I'll meet you at the train station."

"Promise?" Although that request was everything her heart seemed to want, that appeared a bit counterintuitive. If he were to come to the day of the departure, she wasn't sure if she would be able to ever let him go. Goodbyes were always difficult for her, maybe because she lost her parents at an early age and had been alone since then. If you were to ask her a couple of years back, she couldn't bear to be alone, however now, she wouldn't mind as much because, she would have someone to return to, and she was sure he felt the same way.

After pulling away, he gently ran his hand over her hair, ruffling it a bit. "I promise."

Relief brought a smile to her lips and her eyes held a sparkle of joy. "I'm gonna hold you up to that!"

He almost chortled at the ridiculous thought of someone bossing him around, it was cute seeing her thinking she had the dominance to do so, and yet, he saw beyond, she was a vanilla type of person, just an ordinary, plain gal who surely was too innocent and clueless to those kinds of things. But, he would be glad to introduce her to that world if she wished to.

Her heart felt full. You can't force love, she realized. It was impossible to force it on someone even if tried hard, it would only bring misery and despair. The rule was: "it's there or it isn't". If not there, you've got to be able to admit it. If there, you've got to do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love.

She reclined her head on his shoulder, and nestled onto the crook of his neck, allowing herself that warmth one last time, and he took her in his arms and kissed the top of her head. Her hand traveled up his chest, admiring his physiognomy once more. He was indeed a beautiful human being and furthermore, his soul was kind and understanding, what else could she ask for? Before closing her eyes and fall into a quick nap, she whispered. "I wished we could stay like this forever."

**