Chapter 56: Hurt me with the truth but don't comfort me with a lie

After Luca and Aurora being caught by Professor Schuyler earlier that morning, both were escorted to the headmaster's office to receive the due punishment for breaking the most important rule of the academy.

Randolph was sitting on his chair with an odd, closed expression oppressing his usual smile. He was leaned forward, hands entwined together and his chin being supported by the finger dome, and Professor Schuyler was standing right next to him. 

"Both of you deliberately ignored as much mine as the other teachers' warning and went to the East forest." He said, reminding both the students about the consequence their action bore onto themselves. "Not only that, but one of you disobeyed yet another academy rule by ignoring the dormitories guidelines and leaving in the middle of the night. That is the third time this has happened this school year, Aurora-- not to mention the huge mess you just walked yourself into."

Aurora didn't dare look up, but she could feel their austere eyes hanging on to her as she promptly hauled the words and breathed them out. "Yes, that's correct, sir... and I'm deeply sorry."

"Sorry doesn't cut it out, Aurora." Professor Schuyler immediately interrupted her apology in a scolding tone, expressing his disapproval of the reckless behavior in the discussion."These rules exist for a reason. Rules exist because when people don't follow them, people get hurt.'

She bowed her head even more, "I'm so sorry..." then spoke in a low tone but showed no reluctance to talk.

"Do you realize how much danger you put yourselves in?" Randolph didn't need to raise his voice; he addressed the question to both Luca and Aurora with a quiescent calm but, got no answer from either of them. "One encounter with a wild magical creature and you all could have been killed."

Their scolding made her realize the weight of what she had done last night. They both sounded extremely angry, which they were completely in their right to be, it only showed how they were worried and cared about their safety and well-being.

"Randolph, these two deserve the hardest punishment they can get." The other teacher called to his attention. "You need to make an example out of them."

With a frustrated sigh, he leaned back on his chair and gazed at them pensively. "What you two did can't go unpunished."  He made it very clear that neither he nor the academy itself tolerated any kind of mischievous deed, "I agree with Professor Schuyler, strict punishment is important. So, you're both suspended until further notice, go to your respective rooms and start packing immediately, both will be sent home for the time being. That is all."

"What? This isn't reasonable!" Luca protested, saying it was uncalled for while Aurora sunk down on one of the twin chairs standing in front of the desk, thunderstruck by his rash decision. She was glad for it being there or she would have hurt her butt."It was a minor transgression! Can't you just send us to the detention chambers?" 

"I didn't want to do this Luca but, both of you didn't leave me no choice." The headmaster stated firmly, "I gave both of you too many 'second chances' already. Enough is enough."

"This is bullshit." Luca cursed, slamming his hands on the table, "You can't just send us away under that pretext!"

"Luca! Show a little bit of respect, you're talking to your headmaster." Professor Schuyler sternly scolded him for the rude approach towards an older man and, to top that, the director of the academy.