Chapter 33: The heart was made to be broken

She knocked once before entering. "Did you asked to see me?"

"Yes," He raised his head from the documents he was holding on to and invited her in, "Please have a seat." in which she instinctively closed the door behind her and did as she was told. 

As she approached the desk and sat down on the empty chair, she didn't break eye contact, and neither did he. Aurora especially liked his warm brown eyes but, today they felt colder than usual. "Is something wrong?" She asked, now concerned.

"For a matter of fact, it is." He tangled up his hands and rested his chin on top of its joints."It has come to my knowledge that some rules have been broken. Important rules that have been settle in the academy to maintain some sort of harmony and balance."

"I'm not following," She said."Is this about last time? Yes, I missed curfew, but I was punished for it and it was only one time."

He studied her for a moment, frowning, and then he winced."We could add that up but, I won't hold it against you. So, please, be true. Don't make things harder on yourself."

"What's this really about Randolph?" She pleaded for an answer.

"Then, let make myself clear." His surly voice sent a chill down her spine. "And listen, because I won't be repeating myself."  He rose up from his chair and walked to the window, standing with his back towards her. 

Was he mad at her? Why? What on earth could he possibly be mad at her for? She had never seen him so angry before. It made her realize how serious it was and the weight of it from that on.

"You disobeyed one of the most sacred rules in this academy Aurora, and I can't take that lightly...." shortly adding, "... Since it was brought to my attention by another teacher." 

What was he talking about?

"... It's rather disappointing, to say the least."

Aurora began to run through her memory storage in a vain attempt of retracing her steps and figure out where she'd messed up.

"Not only that, you deliberately tricked me into this fabricated lie of yours-- Into believing you were a righteous student." 

"Please, you must enlighten me, because I'm kind of lost here Randolph."

"Still playing dumb?" His words were stern and cold."This is unbelievable. To think a student would get physically involved with a teacher and act as he or she would get away with it?"

"What?" Her voice immediately trailed off. 

He finally turned his head to look at her."This is quite a criminal record."

"I--!" She was so shocked by his words, unable to form a single word.

"Stop Aurora. There's no denying it anymore, Professor Merkulova told me everything." He waved his hand dismissively and turned his back at her again."He told me all about your little adventure in his office... Was it worth it?"

Now, she knew what he was talking about."That's not true--!" She tried to fight back and defend herself but he didn't allow her to say a single word.

He stirred, biting his lips, and shooking his head in disbelief. "Don't lie to me. I know it was only for the sake of grading. Did you intend to do the same with me? Hm?" He sneered unpleasantly in referring to her misdeeds."What for? Direct graduation?"