Chapter 42: Mysterious Beauty

The woman pushed herself off the wall and strolled in their direction.

Luca immediately shoved himself in front of Aurora protectively, "Stay behind me." he whispered quietly at her and reached out inside the jacket's pocket for his wand. With a cautious movement, he pulled it out and aimed it, reading for the eventuality of having to defend both with magic. Then, he projected his voice so that she could hear him loud and clear, "Be warned, we may be still students but we surely know how to use our wands. So, back down redhead, and no one gets hurt." 

"Uh, you sure have a cocky friend, Aurora." She crossed her arms over her chest, enhancing her cleavage line and the prime tattoo marked in between her breasts, which came out oddly familiar to Aurora. She refrained herself from clapping her high heel on the stone path. Her words made her seem clearly upset but, her face was quite calm and composed - almost expressionless."Should I teach him a few things? Like how to properly treat a lady?"

"I'm being civil enough," He said through clenched teeth."So, be grateful for that-- lady."

"Oh, if being civil is to point your wand at someone without first hearing their intentions, we're on the right path." Her chuckle was soft and her amber gaze mocked him as she again moved forth and Luca forced Aurora to stir back a step.

"That's close enough." He warned.

She tilted her head as though displaying pity and said, "What? Scared already? Oh, you poor boy."

"I won't be held responsible for my actions.He narrowed his eyes at her, still standing firmly in front of her."State your business or leave." 

"I was about to, but now I don't feel like it." She shrugged with as much elegance as she could muster, and eyed him with deliberate interest."Perhaps you're in need of a lesson, young man."

"Well, I could use the exercise." He let out a fierce growl and adjusted his fighting stance, moving his shoulders a couple of times back to relieve the stiffness that had been building up between his shoulder blades."Prepare yourself then, I'm taking you down."

She smirked amused that he sounded a little pissed off about it. She opened her arms wide and welcomed any and everything that he decided to throw at her in the next few minutes."I would like to see you try." 

He raised the hand that held the wand and opened his mouth to chant whatever spell he had in mind when Aurora jumped forward and grabbed onto Luca's wrist and hand, harshly yanking it down."No! Stop! Please, put your wand down!" She pleaded him to stand down and not fight. 

He was surprised by her action, he could have hurt her."Aurora..." 

"Listen... It's not worth it, you will only get hurt." She tried to discourage him from storming in into a battle he surely wouldn't win."She's strong. Trust me, I've seen it."

"I think you should listen to your friend there... Luca. It would be very wise on your part." The woman shouted from the back, playfully provoking him.

He paid her words no mind, and just focused on Aurora, "What are you saying?"

"I'm just saying that I know this woman--"

"From where?!" His frown deepened into a scowl and he searched her gaze for answers.

"From back at the academy... remember the Trial Celebration ball? I got seriously hurt that day and she was there."  She hesitantly replied; she didn't know if it was the time to bring that up.